Frivolous present for 8yo DS - ideas please.

(7 Posts)
PerspicaciaTick Mon 07-Dec-15 19:54:16

He has asked for lots of serious presents this year and so far what I've got him are things which, although he will enjoy them over the coming weeks and months, don't look like much "fun" and aren't really suited to playing with on Christmas Day/ Boxing Day.

So I need ideas for something really enjoyable, fun, a bit silly and which he will be excited to unwrap. I have no more than £10 to spend on this gift, I've got him some finger lights but I'd like to get him something else that makes him giggle like a loon.

I suspect it is my baby growing up and outgrowing toys. Last year's big hit was a box of second hand multi link bricks, he was entranced. Now he's asked for a science book and some gardening stuff.

pookamoo Mon 07-Dec-15 20:00:27

I just bought my 10 year old cousin a megaphone! grin

His mum is going to love me! wink

PerspicaciaTick Mon 07-Dec-15 20:02:30

That is a great idea grin, shame it's out of stock. I'd forgotten I'd seen a Minions fart megaphone a few months ago. I think I'll have to start googling.

LibidinousTurkey Mon 07-Dec-15 20:14:32

A little over £10 but how about Pie Face? I've bought one for 11yo DS because it looks a laugh for everyone <childish>

Avebury Mon 07-Dec-15 20:21:05

Joke things - fake poo/joke book/

A game like pass the bomb? Twister? Pictionary?

Remote controlled fart machine?

pookamoo Mon 07-Dec-15 21:19:09

I got the megaphone in store, OP. There are lots of similar ones online though.

PerspicaciaTick Mon 07-Dec-15 22:46:48

Thank you everyone - I think I'm sorted with the megaphone...I can always take out the battery fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now