How much have you got left to buy?

(37 Posts)
LadyBaelish Mon 07-Dec-15 15:52:08

I've just made a start on the present wrapping and have realised that I only have about 3 presents left to buy shock Usually I end up having a bit of a mad rush with one week to go so I'm feeling quite pleased with myself! Absolutely no idea what to buy for the people left though, there's always one who doesn't seem to want or need anything!

How is everyone else doing?

duckbilled Mon 07-Dec-15 16:15:10

Only 2, I am feeling very organised this year fgrin

CakeNinja Mon 07-Dec-15 16:36:49

Pretty much everything! I have a list of 35 people to buy for (family and Godchildren, neighbours and our best friends) and then our own children, main presents from us and FC, stockings and tree presents from us, and then for each other.

I never start until about now though so I'm not panicked. I'm planning on a night with the iPad tonight to get the majority ordered.

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake Mon 07-Dec-15 16:40:51

Nothing. I bought the last 2 this morning. And I've only got 6 left to wrap, one for each child.

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 07-Dec-15 16:41:24

Loads left to get, sister and husband, brother, brothers gf, mil and fil, bits for grandparents from kids, plus everything for dh who hasn't even written s list yet, plus need to do my list for dh. I was supposed to be going tomorrow but my kids are really poorly and I have a 10 week old baby who I can,'t put down for more than 5 minutes he's so unwell! Vouchers for everyone I think this year!!

LovelyWeatherForDucks Mon 07-Dec-15 16:41:31

Just something for the inlaws. Possibly more if some bits ordered from China don't turn up in time!!

Buttercup27 Mon 07-Dec-15 16:45:45

I haven't even started yet. Going to order all online (hopefully tonight ) then maybe go late night shopping next week.

strictlylurking Mon 07-Dec-15 16:51:43

Just one.. but I am a bit stuck for it. My best friend has temporarily adopted a 17 year old boy and I'd like to get him something, but what do I know about teenage boys? I think he likes rap music, but I am probably not qualified to choose something 1) that is not really obvious that he already has and 2) is not lame.

Grumpyoldblonde Mon 07-Dec-15 16:54:41

Cant go wrong with an I tunes voucher for the 17 year old boy, Boots had them discounted, so 15.00 was 12.75 - not sure if still valid.

I have nothing left I have to buy, but am still spending like Beckham. I never learn.

waitingforsomething Mon 07-Dec-15 17:12:19

I got married at the weekend so have done precisely none apart from dd and as an additional bonus run clean out of dollar...lots to do!!

imwithspud Mon 07-Dec-15 18:52:38

I have 4 presents left to buy, and the most of the presents I already have are wrapped and ready to go - just need gift bags. Feeling quite chuffed with myself.

sirphlebas Mon 07-Dec-15 19:07:23

only two - my brother (wine) & SIL (handbag) ... both will be purchased on the 21st (i.e. after payday!). I also have my mum's birthday present to get but that can wait a while yet.

I'm still waiting for dd1's main present to be delivered though (ordered in mid November) ... getting a bit anxious about that.

Twistedheartache Mon 07-Dec-15 19:10:55

Just 1 - can't decide which lego set to get DD1. All the rest including stocking are done. Since I'm drowning in all other aspects of my life it's nice to be in control with Christmas

unlimiteddilutingjuice Mon 07-Dec-15 19:11:42

Im pretty much sorted here. Just need:
BIL
SIL
FIL
Mum

All kids and most of my side finished so thats broken the back of it

Moomazoo Mon 07-Dec-15 19:14:27

I'm all done and wrapped and ready!!!

ChristmasZombie Mon 07-Dec-15 19:25:08

I still need to get a tattoo gift voucher for DH. I've been putting it off, because I have to go into the shop to buy it. It is only about 20 minutes drive, but they have no car parking available, and their shop is up a steep flight of stairs, and I'll have to do it with at least one small child in tow. Bah!
I spent two hours wrapping at the weekend, and I've done about half.

Beth2511 Mon 07-Dec-15 19:51:02

Im done. Moved onto early jan birthday now buying wise

dementedma Mon 07-Dec-15 19:53:26

Pretty much done and wrapped. Just mums to get and something else for dh.

Hawest1 Mon 07-Dec-15 19:53:59

One thing. That just happens to be the biggest thing!! Bunk beds! Lol
If I was being more organised I would have bought them first

Paperblank Mon 07-Dec-15 20:16:00

Just got DH's presents to get - they will be pretty much done by tomorrow.

I've got about half of the presents wrapped and again by tomorrow I am aiming to have wrapped just about everything.

I feel pretty much in control.

jamtartandcustard Mon 07-Dec-15 22:58:18

Half of Pil's but that's because what they've asked for is out of stock. I'll keep checking over the next 2 weeks but if I can't get it will be a voucher job.
Need to get the dog a present. Thinking a new bed.
And that's all that's left to "buy". However I have 2 sitting and waiting for me to collect in a shop and dd wants cash so I need to pop to a cash machine and get that out. And that's it. I'm done grin

ive got one thing left to buy and apart from that, just two bags of gifts to wrap. im behind where i normally would be by now, normally id have been finished last month

Wagglebees Tue 08-Dec-15 02:49:35

One more thing for DH, maybe two, but if Christmas day was tomorrow I have lots of other gifts for him so they're not necessary.

Everything else is wrapped, ribboned and tagged. Some smaller gifts need bows on them as they would've got squashed if done too early.

I feel ridiculously pleased with myself. I'm never this organised. It feels really good so I can see why people do it. Can relax with cheesy Christmas films and lebkuchen now.🎅🏻

OSETmum Tue 08-Dec-15 07:41:55

I'm less done than I'd anticipated due to a massive flood in our town centre on Saturday (was going to go into town in Sunday) and a 2 day power cut to our whole area! ( outs self as to where we live!) still we can't complain and there's still time to get it all done!

clearingaspaceforthecat Tue 08-Dec-15 09:52:44

Haven't even started yet! Unless you count reading the Christmas threads! Does that count as preparation? fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now