Okay tell me - Teachers and nanny gifts!

(7 Posts)
milkandmarmite Sun 06-Dec-15 19:25:25

I have a limit budget and don't really know the protocol. Help me please!!!

Nanny is new - only been with us a month.

I have no idea what is appropriate but don't feel money is suitable because what i could offer would just look offensive.

And pre-school teachers - what is the norm here?

TIA

attheendoftheday Sun 06-Dec-15 19:47:01

If money us tight I would skip the preschool teachers and get your nanny wine and chocs.

two2 Sun 06-Dec-15 20:35:58

How old are your kids? Could you let them choose the present? They might have a bit more insight than and it makes a nice gesture that nanny should be happy with if it's more of a token gift this year since she's not been with you long. My charge knew my favourite colour and insisted my boss bought me something purple which I thought was lovely.

two2 Sun 06-Dec-15 20:37:22

And as for teachers my teacher friends love a personal note in a card or on a picture. You could add in a Christmas tree decoration as a little extra maybe?

Littlef00t Sun 06-Dec-15 20:53:19

Planning on getting my lovely childminder a 'hamper' of lovely nibbles. Don't have a big budget but know she likes good food.

PeanutButterLips Mon 07-Dec-15 16:10:30

I'm my sons school, all the parents give up to £5 each to one parent and they go an buy a voucher for the teacher I'm sure they appreciate this than another mug or box of chocs.
I've done it the past few years and it saves you wondering the shops seeing what you can buy them

CakeNinja Mon 07-Dec-15 16:39:01

I just buy for the one nursery keyworker, that's what most do here.
Something small, bottle of prosecco, £7, done.
As for the nanny, a voucher for a local restaurant - pizza express or something? It's just a gesture really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now