"Our year" family quiz

(7 Posts)
WutheringTights Tue 10-Nov-15 19:31:45

I read an idea somewhere for doing an annual quiz on Christmas Eve/ New Years Eve that's a sort of round up of the year. There's one for each family member and questions such as favourite toy, best friend, favourite book, TV programme etc. You then have a nice summary of each year to look back on when they're older. DS will be just 3 at Christmas so I thought it would be lovely to start this as a tradition but I'm stuck for questions. Anyone have any good ideas to incorporate?

nephrofox Wed 11-Nov-15 20:29:10

Interesting idea, will give it some thought

Davros Wed 11-Nov-15 20:52:59

I'm doing one for my DSis's 60th birthday. Far from definitive and needs massive refining and editing and not suitable for kids but Ideas so far, favourite:
cocktail
Wine
(70s) pop star
(50s) pop star
(60s) pop star
Classical composer
Sport
Comedian
Actor
Film
Food
Cake
Restaurant
Holiday
Foreign place
Shop
TV show
Fictional Character
Car
Book
Magazine
Animal
Flower
Colour
Sandwich
Celebrity
Royal
Weather
London landmark
Piece of clothing
Charity
Slang
Does she have a tattoo
Where does she want to be buried?

WutheringTights Thu 12-Nov-15 22:45:57

Wow, that's amazing. You've inspired me to think about things I could ask my grandmother!

WutheringTights Thu 12-Nov-15 22:46:58

Because she's in her 90s and unlikely to be with us for many more years, that is.

Davros Fri 13-Nov-15 09:04:11

Ha ha, I am not a granny yet! My list is the basis for a quiz for guests to answer at her birthday party so it's all related to one person. Also, I realised that I don't need to know the answers because SHE will. The tattoo question is because I wanted to do a ninja kidnap of her and take her to a tattoo parlour for a surprise commemorative tattoo (she has none) but that seems to be too difficult, tattoo place not enthusiastic

Emeralda Sun 03-Jan-16 19:20:54

WutheringTights (great username), thanks for the inspiration. We did this today and it was great. Questions based around family events, activities and milestones this year, with a bit of current affairs and a few family 2016 questions thrown in eg who has special birthdays next year. It went down a storm with an audience between 9 and 60, and may well become a tradition. Thanks again for the idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now