Kindle Fire

(12 Posts)
gillyginger Wed 04-Nov-15 15:54:39

Thinking of getting a kindle fire for DC
Just wondering if recommended, and what they are like compared to other tablets, thanks smile

Scootergrrrl Wed 04-Nov-15 16:13:56

We have had two Kindle Fires for the DC and they both packed in within 18 months. We risked another of the very cheap small ones for DS to play Minecraft on and the memory is so small that he's constantly running into problems. We might just have been spectacularly unlucky but wouldn't buy another. DD is now saving up for a iPad!

YakTriangle Wed 04-Nov-15 16:16:12

We have two in our household and have never had any trouble with them (touch wood). I really like them.

whatsonyourplate Wed 04-Nov-15 16:17:36

We have one and have found it much more durable than the cheap tablets we have had.

LineyReborn Wed 04-Nov-15 16:18:24

I've had mine for nearly three years.

I use it for emails, MN, Netflix, googling/research, I-player and YouTube.

I have even read book on it smile

I love it.

howabout Wed 04-Nov-15 16:19:09

My DD loves hers. Much more compact than other tablets and so easier to have out and about. We got DD hers to do all the things a smart phone does except being a phone and that is how she uses it.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Wed 04-Nov-15 17:27:23

I have a kindle fire used daily for past 4yrs no issues and dh has a fire HD used daily for past 18mths and also no issues, great for money and ds who is now 5 has used since 3 without difficulty

smellylittleorange Wed 04-Nov-15 19:01:28

I much prefer my kindle fire to the nexus or Dd samsung tablet mine seems more robust. But the nexus is so slow and unresponsive in comparison also the mini sub connection works better than other tablets I have tried (they get damaged and stop charging for a while).I have heard that there are problems with the kindles when you add the special amazon kids app to it (takes up double storage space) but the new dedicated kids kindle should take care of that.

gillyginger Wed 04-Nov-15 20:18:29

Hi there, thanks for the feed back, think I will invest in them, will get one each for dc, they seem very reasonable in price as well, also will be quite nice to play candy crush on a bigger screen smile
Once agains thanks to all for replies

Aciderwouldbenice Wed 04-Nov-15 20:27:08

I love my kindle fire, bought one for oldest son and it is fab. Kindle prime for kids (or whatever it is called) is really good and means he can play/watch/read without me worrying what he is accessing.

Makemineacabsauv Thu 05-Nov-15 00:26:16

We actually prefer them to the iPad!! I had a basic one then DC got top of the range from XH and they are fab - much better than my basic one. But even the basic one is faster online than my iPad.

MariaV0nTrapp Thu 05-Nov-15 00:29:24

My son used his birthday money to buy the latest £50 kindle fire when they came out last month. It's fantastic, can't fault it at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now