In Your House, Do Adults Get Stockings....

(91 Posts)
Dustybinlydia Fri 30-Oct-15 22:23:01

Or just the children?

Just curious about how other people do things.

gBean Fri 30-Oct-15 22:24:18

No.

80sMum Fri 30-Oct-15 22:25:49

No, adults don't receive any gifts in our house.

mammuzzamia Fri 30-Oct-15 22:27:14

No, just children. Though would give one to an older teenager

patterkiller Fri 30-Oct-15 22:27:15

No. But I know of a family who do, both to each other and from the DHs elderly parents.

MajesticWhine Fri 30-Oct-15 22:28:27

Yep DH and I do stockings for each other. Quite a lot of though goes into them. And MIL does stockings for us as well.

MrsPCR Fri 30-Oct-15 22:29:35

DH and I do a stocking for each other. MIL does us a joint stocking which she brings round Xmas eve and then my siblings and I do a stocking for my mum. Cat has a stocking too grin

IlanaBroadCity Fri 30-Oct-15 22:30:54

No, only the DC. I had one until I was about 12.

HoneyDragon Fri 30-Oct-15 22:31:40

Everyone including the dog gets a stocking in this house, except me,

<plays teeny violin> grin

lexigrey Fri 30-Oct-15 22:34:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dementedpixie Fri 30-Oct-15 22:34:46

No, just the children

goldglittershitter Fri 30-Oct-15 22:35:29

We all get stockings in our house. I absolutely love my stocking, it might be my favourite bit of the day!

RJnomaaaaaargh Fri 30-Oct-15 22:35:41

No. I'd be really happy if they did though.

IssyStark Fri 30-Oct-15 22:36:02

Yes, we all have one. My mum used to send over silly stuff for my stocking after I stopped coming home for Christmas (due to work commitments). When I married DH she knitted one for him with his name and has knitted ones for school when they were born.

We all open our stockings together on our bed on Christmas morning (once we've got mugs of tea). The dc love it so far. I hope as they get older (will be 9 & 4 this Xmas) they'll start wanting to open their's in their own room so we get extra kip grin

DH and I usually get socks/underwear in our's or a really nice bottle of something, plus of course some chocs, an orange, an apple and some nuts.

OSETmum Fri 30-Oct-15 22:36:15

No but it seems to be the 'in thing' this year!

annandale Fri 30-Oct-15 22:36:45

Nope.

IssyStark Fri 30-Oct-15 22:38:16

dc not school (no idea how that happened)

Bimblywibble Fri 30-Oct-15 22:44:14

No. I got one til I left home, but the last 10 years were pretty much clearasil and pants grin

backinschool Fri 30-Oct-15 22:48:09

Yes, adults get stockings in this house. Some silly bits and pieces and a couple of small thoughtful gifts. The kids think that santa brings the children's stockings but we get to do one for daddy - they love finding little bits and pieces for it.

RainbowRoses Fri 30-Oct-15 22:48:31

Yes everyone including DH and myself I do my own

Thereshegoesagain Fri 30-Oct-15 22:48:40

Yes. I do them, it has never crossed my DHs mind to do one for me, so I do my own and buy myself a little treat. If we have DM or ILs round I do one for them too.

CuteAsaF0x Fri 30-Oct-15 22:51:08

I'm a single parent, so yes, I will be making sure that I put a few really nice treats in to a stocking for myself.

peaz Fri 30-Oct-15 22:57:29

Yes. I do the DSs ones, DH's and mums (she stays over CE) and my DH does mine. He doesn't do too bad- he bought me a lovely red sequinned one and fills it up with stuff he knows I like. Generally we get each other shower gel, chocolate, little bits and bobs.

strawberrypenguin Fri 30-Oct-15 23:07:48

Yes. DH and I do one for each other. First thing Christmas morning DS comes into our bed and we all open our stockings together.

Kuriusoranj Fri 30-Oct-15 23:28:02

Yes. When I was growing up I started doing one for my mum and dad as soon as I was able - they hadn't had them when we were little kids. I've carried it on since.
Everyone staying here gets one. In my previous, miserable marriage I would do my own. When I first met my beloved I had to train him wink - he's a bit of a last minute shopper, plus pre- children we had a lot if disposable income and he'd never had stockings growing up. It took him a couple of years to realise that 'small' meant value as well as size!
Like a PP, it's my absolute favourite part. The stocking is what makes it Christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now