Christmassy Room Scent Recommendations

(19 Posts)
Chocolateteabag Fri 23-Oct-15 18:13:49

Can anyone recommend a Christmassy room spray?

I love the smell of Christmas - cinnamon/cloves/spiced oranges/mulled wine - but with two young DS's I can't do scented candles or oil burners without guarding them like a hawk.

LibidinousSwine Fri 23-Oct-15 18:18:32

Perhaps a little more basic than you were intending, but I swear by Zoflora cinnamon variety. I mop my floors with it, wipe down surfaces with a dilute spray bottle and have even been known to mist my curtains with it.

It's not exactly what you would call a classy smell but it's immediately noticeable and Christmassy when you walk in the door (and doesn't cost a lot)

Chocolateteabag Fri 23-Oct-15 18:51:18

Oh - thanks I will look out for that! Loving a cheaper option santa

daisydalrymple Fri 23-Oct-15 19:05:30

M&s do the Christmas candles in a few varieties, and I think they might have a 'range' in the same fragrances, so those shape things that sit on little tray/ bowl things (modern version of pot pouri I think?) as you can tell I'm not up on all things modern grin

Also, have you tried the reed room scenters? Lily flame do a variety of Christmas candles and matching reed scenters, so I'm sure other candle makes probably do the same.

SmileAndNod Fri 23-Oct-15 19:08:03

White company 'winter'. It really is gorgeous.

Mydearchild Fri 23-Oct-15 19:08:42

The White Company Winter scent is amazing - they do an oil as well as a diffuser. Honestly try it!

Chocolateteabag Fri 23-Oct-15 19:19:26

Ooh and there is a 25% off code on the bargains thread for the white co, thanks thanks

Ladymoods Fri 23-Oct-15 20:56:51

Sainsburys do some nice Christmas scents. I have the Christmas tree room spray and they had a lovely figgy pudding candle and diffuser the other day which I shall be buying in due course. All under £10 too!

PinkSquash Fri 23-Oct-15 21:19:22

I've had the Scentsicles before and they do have some lovely scents- just pop them on a high branch as they're not the best in small hands.

PunkrockerGirl Fri 23-Oct-15 21:22:13

I can't remember what the scent was called, but Waitrose did a lovely one last year. Quite cheap too, iirc.

shadowfax07 Fri 23-Oct-15 22:42:14

Next's Festive spice is wonderful, I'm buying it again this year.

PjDay Sat 24-Oct-15 09:09:15

Another one for the Sainsburys Christmas tree range. I love it!

Chillywhippet Sat 24-Oct-15 10:27:32

The White company sell their winter s net in room spray but I bought the oil for just £6 which we will use on some home made potpourri - well some dried orange slices, pine cones etc chucked in a bowl.

casperandjasper Sat 24-Oct-15 19:37:05

I think Sainsbury's Christmas Spice would suit you perfectly. Last year the range included candles, diffusers, pot pourri, room spray and oil refresher. To me, it's Christmas in a bottle.

mumtoone84 Sun 25-Oct-15 15:43:56

Second Next's Winter Spice. Got the diffuser last year (it's very pretty as has holly and a cinnamon stick inside) so I'm going to get that again this year with the candle to compliment it

Chocolateteabag Sun 25-Oct-15 22:09:14

Fab - thank you for the new suggestions - need to get back from half term holiday hell fun and get sniffing! thanksthanksthanks

Analou37 Wed 18-Nov-15 12:14:41

Like PinkSquash I LOVE ScentSicles - had them in Winter Fir Fragrance last year on my real tree - and stuck one in the wreath of my door and it was so Christmasy from the second you got to our front door. I find I forget about candles (or DH moves them!), and the sprays are too artificial for me.
This year planning on popping some in the downstairs loo too - maybe the sweeter fragrance, Snowberry.

Freezingwinter Wed 18-Nov-15 21:08:40

Asda has a great one this year, can't remember the name but comes with pot pourri etc!

Dowser Thu 19-Nov-15 09:40:52

I have quite a collection of essential oils, I pop a few drops of cinammon, clove ( cheap in wilkinsons), coriander ,Pine, bay, lime, orange oils on a piece of gauze and tuck them behind the radiators. Rooms smell lovely.

If you just want to go for a couple clove, cinammon and orange would be my choice. I think you would get the three for about a tenner and they last ages.

Amphora aromatics are the company I deal with. If oils are your thing and you order £50 you get everything you order at trade prices which is just brilliant.

You could get a couple of friends together and share the cost. You don't have to be a practicing aromatherapist to order. The company is Based in Bristol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now