Main present for 6 yo girl who doesn't play with toys

(11 Posts)
happyhighlander Fri 07-Aug-15 10:35:11

Trying to get organised as she has her birthday in Dec (turning 6). She doesn't play with toys except Lego which she has quite a bit of. She loves art/craft and always gets bought lots of sets.

I'm at a bit of a loss for her main birthday and Xmas pressies, and DS always gets lots of impressive looking (cheap) toys so I don't want her to feel hard done by!

She has Playmobil, a bike, dressing up stuff, barbies.... help!

PeterParkerSays Fri 07-Aug-15 10:42:16

How about a marble run - you put it together like lego and can then play with it. Would she like something like meccano if she like active toys / activities.

I know it seems naff but how about gifting her time - an afternoon to do t-shirt painting with mummy, or a morning in a pottery cafe for example?

reddaisy Fri 07-Aug-15 10:43:56

A scooter/skateboard/roller skates?

BrieAndChilli Fri 07-Aug-15 10:49:11

One year we got dd an old desk that had been painted and stencilled with fairies. Filled it with craft stuff.

Space hopper

Roller skates

Small sewing machine

SkiSchoolRun Fri 07-Aug-15 11:08:51

My 6yo DD doesn't really play with indoor toys. She loves things like her counting skipping rope & hula hoop outside. Have you heard of Little Passports? It's a subscription based gift. Every month you get a fact sheet (letter), puzzles, postcards, gift - activity, craft etc from a different country. My DD loves it. It has been one if the best things she's been given as a gift. She's returned to it many times as her reading, puzzle skills etc develop. We were sent it from the US but it's now available here.

post Fri 07-Aug-15 11:43:07

these

are so simple, but great. Bought them for dd when she was 6, she still uses them now at 11

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Fri 07-Aug-15 22:04:22

does she like reading? maybe a basic kindle? can load up with kids books.

simple sewing machine or similar if she's creative?

start a collection for her - Disney do beautiful snow globes/collectors dolls/ornaments. or something like funko pop figures, theres lots of different characters.

a lego table? theres some fantastic ideas on pinterest (mainly using ikea furniture!)

annandale Fri 07-Aug-15 22:08:19

bike

bow and arrow

riding lessons

enderwoman Tue 11-Aug-15 13:31:41

Have you tried other construction toys like K'Nex or the bricks that light up? Mecanno is the only construction toy that my kids didn't like but with K'Nex you can end up with big structures

Elizadoesdolittle Tue 11-Aug-15 14:31:29

My DD1 is the same. she's turning 6 in January.

on my list of ideas for her are:
a set of horse riding lessons, a farmer for a day experience, a trip ice skating, cinema vouchers, a vanity dressing table, glitter tattoo kit, face painting set, mini sewing machine, books, dressing up stuff and diggi birds.

MintJulip Tue 11-Aug-15 14:41:08

Bow and arrow went down v well with mine at 6 - shot at the hanging decs in living room.

post LOVE the look of those blocks look brilliant"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now