dd will be nearly 4

(18 Posts)
zobey Wed 29-Jul-15 20:30:40

What to buy a nearly 4 year old for Christmas. She has a kitchen, barbies and barbie house. Getting her a tablet, bike new scooter a new dolls pram and pushchair thinking about a leap tv but stuck on what else to get. Any suggestions

GoooRooo Wed 29-Jul-15 20:32:02

Blimey, that sounds like plenty to me!

DS will be nearly four. He's getting a bike, some duplo, a spiderman figure, some stickers and colouring books and that's about it.

dancewiththetreedoug Wed 29-Jul-15 21:57:22

My DS will be nearly 4 too, he's getting a book, a game of sorts (elefun/hungry hippos etc), a festive jumper, a marble run, some playdoh and a vtech kidizoom digital camera...looking at it I think we've got him too much blush

LokiBear Thu 30-Jul-15 07:28:27

My dd will be 4.5. I really do not know what to get her. A game is a good idea to start with. She loves playing board games like 'Guess Who' and the 'Paw Patrol' board game.

MissRainbowBrite Thu 30-Jul-15 08:33:40

Can I join this one for ideas too? DD will be 4 in February. She has a kitchen, some playmobil, lots of Frozen bits, playdoh and all the usual bits. She has just started getting into My Little Pony and loves figures so thinking of adding to the Playmobil and upgrading her scooter to a Mini Micro.
Any other ideas would be most welcome even if it's things that she can grow into.

SideOrderofChips Thu 30-Jul-15 09:36:24

Even one of those things is a main present in this house so im not sure what else i would be getting.

I will advice that you are shooting yourself in the foot for birthdays and the christmas the following year

maplepecanpie Thu 30-Jul-15 09:45:48

That sounds like plenty. A tablet, bike OR scooter is usually the main present for DS. He got a scooter as the main present last year, a bike on his birthday the year before. I think all at once is enough!

EmGee Thu 30-Jul-15 14:40:11

Does it have to be another 'thing'? What about a trip to the Christmas panto, or cinema to see a Christmass-y film? Mine would get really excited about that.

PenelopePitstops Thu 30-Jul-15 14:44:20

Bloody hell ott much OP.

Your list is more than enough for 3 kids let alone just one. Donate the majority to the local charity shop and let her appreciate what she has.

zobey Thu 30-Jul-15 21:12:53

I buy everything and split between birthday and Xmas. Birthday is in jan so she doesn't get any bought threw out the year. Looking at spending a total of about 800 between the two on gifts not including clothing. That's a big cut back this year so far i think ive spend around 280. Thats on the pram, pushchair, educational games abd resources and a frozen icecream toy shop thing and a hand full of books.

Swifey Thu 30-Jul-15 21:19:24

That is totally ridiculous ........ Why not spend some one on one time with her; going for a walk, leaves or shells, doing a puzzle etc. Not only is it cheaper is is also a lot more valuable!

CordeliaFoxx Thu 30-Jul-15 21:28:40

Wow that's a lot, your money your choice, but if your spending that much at 4, imagine what she will be expecting at 10!

I didn't spend that much on all 3 DSs for Christmas, and they didn't go without.

zobey Thu 30-Jul-15 21:47:28

Swifey we do all the time when we are at work. Working full time doesnt give us much time so we make the most of it together and play with games go on nature walks to the beach and crafts till they come out our ears. One to one time is not a problem for us. She will get 500 at xmas and 300 at birthday spent on her as we have just cleared out her toys and got rid of ones that are too young for her or that she doesnt like. We have a board game night every friday, beach or nature walk every sunday and crafts on a Saturday. Week nights are stories and cuddle time as i get in at 6:30/7 every night.

maplepecanpie Thu 30-Jul-15 22:01:11

Should have looked at the OP's username earlier. It rung a bell when I saw the update. I remember another thread of yours with a similar tone. I won't post any links. But I don't know why you make these threads OP. Is it to brag?

Lovelydiscusfish Thu 30-Jul-15 23:22:16

What is your dd in to, OP? My dd will also be nearly 4. Her current obsession is (bloody) Princess Palace Pets, so if she still likes them then (which depressingly I'm sure she will) I'll get her one or two - whichever ones she claims to favour at that time.

Her main present will be one of those toddler cameras - probably the Kiddizoom? I'm wondering about getting it second hand.

I've already bought her a few bits which I've seen reduced: a pack of small My Little Ponies (though not sure she likes these as much as she used to, so may have been an error); a Moshi Monster play set that was in Poundland (result!) as she's got some baby Moshis (Moshlings?) which she plays with a lot;a Wilko fake Lego set which was all of £2; and some bits for her (our) dolls house which I couldn't resist. That will be it I think - maybe some books, craft bits?

milkysmum Thu 30-Jul-15 23:31:36

That seems like an awful lot already for such a little one surely?!

PenelopePitstops Fri 31-Jul-15 00:03:28

Spend some time with her not money on her.

Fgs this is one of the most ridiculous threads ever.

Spend £100 on her and save the rest for a house deposit. She will thank you in the long run.

mrsmeerkat Fri 31-Jul-15 00:07:18

Stupid thread

Weird

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now