What can I buy DS who will be 3.9?

(13 Posts)
dancewiththetreedoug Tue 16-Jun-15 14:34:52

Looking for some ideas for DS who will be almost 4, we have DS2 due in late October so looking to get organised ASAP.
Any ideas gratefully received...

ThumbWitchesAbroad Tue 16-Jun-15 14:36:37

What does he already have? At that age I think I bought DS1 a toy oven (sound and light effects on the hob), a plastic drum kit, a balance bike and I can't remember what else

dancewiththetreedoug Tue 16-Jun-15 14:40:35

Well, this is my problem...he already has a lot.
He has a large wooden castle, the playmobil dino range, and lots of dress up.
He has a toy kitchen at his granny's house that mostly goes ignored sad

ThinkIveBeenHacked Tue 16-Jun-15 14:42:49

Dd Will be 4 a few days before Christmas and we are going to get her a bike.

BrieAndChilli Tue 16-Jun-15 14:42:58

Ds2 is 5 in November and he plays with his wooden train track and Thomas trains everyday.

dancewiththetreedoug Tue 16-Jun-15 14:52:48

He got a bike for his birthday and a large train track...im going to have to give him coal aren't I??? confused

ThumbWitchesAbroad Tue 16-Jun-15 15:03:03

What about books, DVDs, etc.?

Oly4 Tue 16-Jun-15 15:09:45

I would wait til nearer xmas, he'll be asking for stuff by then surely? My son is the same age as yours and his tastes change quite a lot. You can order all you will need online?
I hAve a couple of ideas in mind, including a children's digital camera, some board games (hungry hippos etc), some Playmobil, books,

dancewiththetreedoug Tue 16-Jun-15 16:14:01

Ooh children's digital camera is a fab idea, he loves taking pictures! Thank you. smile & yes I have a few ideas too, thinking marble run and possibly scalextric.
Who knows what he'll be in to nearer the time though!

Oly4 Tue 16-Jun-15 16:25:55

And I'll add scalextric to my list! Maybe just make a list and then order it all at once nearer the time. Otherwise you may spend a fortune only for him to request some really expensive toy!

Oly4 Tue 16-Jun-15 16:28:10

Maybe Lego juniors? Suitable for a 4 yr old. You could get one set and see how he gets on

Minnie911 Thu 18-Jun-15 15:17:25

I've started buying bits for my DS chirstmas he will be 3 and 10months at Christmas - I've got him one of those leappad things with a dinosaur book with it. I got a game called bus stop. And I'm looking at the new jurrasic world dinosaurs but not sure if I'll buy those incase he's finished with dinosaurs by then. Was also thinking about a superhero dress up outfit and a jungle book tshirt I've seen in h&m as that's his fave film.
I'm planning to get both DC some new bedding.

MTWTFSS Sun 21-Jun-15 17:20:52

www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-N8270-Imaginext-Submarine/dp/B001JQLJNQ/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1434903472&sr=8-9&keywords=imaginext

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now