Harry Potter World in the Snow

(14 Posts)
smellylittleorange Sun 10-May-15 07:30:31

Managed to get Dd into Harry Potter this year yay! Does anyone know when the Christmassy themed tours start exactly last year was around 18th November can't seem to find anything on the website could email them but rather have tales of how wonderful it is as well

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 10-May-15 09:22:27

Hi smellylittleorange - we went last year, I can't remember when I booked the tickets but it was about July~ish. So possibly the details aren't on there yet?

We went on the Saturday before Christmas (I have 2 DC , we bought a family ticket)
We're not huge HP fans, and there was a load of the characters I didn't recognise TBH.

The Hogwarts in Snow is the last exhibit , it is stunning. (Years ago we went to Alnwick Castle, I keep saying "Oh it looks nothing like that IRL" when I see the films wink.

It wasn't madly busy because you go in set group times, so plenty of time to wander (but my teenage DS is a pain in the bum , doesn't want to do anything with DH,DD and I . He kept rushing us along hmm )
Next year, I won't take them on a Family Day Out, they're getting too old sad

smellylittleorange Sun 10-May-15 15:35:11

Thank you 70isalimitnotatarget sad it's hard to find christmassy days out as they get older. DD is 10 so has just got into Harry Potter and is obsessive at the moment which I don't mind and her cousins who are 12 and 13 want to come. I will look out over the summer.

RosaGertrudeJekyll Tue 19-May-15 15:28:44

I am also aiming to go this year op, very excited grin

TheImprobableGirl Fri 26-Jun-15 22:19:25

God I fucking love Harry Potter. Dp has never Watched the films, nor read a book hmm dd (4) has watched the first one grin we're going to start chapters soon!!

70isalimit you remind me of Christmas!! I am nannyplumforpm and RunawayReindeer, so I've charttered to you almost every year since my dd's were born wink slight derailment

JoyceDivision Fri 26-Jun-15 22:21:13

what is differenton the christmassy themed tours please? went for first timethis year and DC loved it... is there a big change for christmassy stuff?

OldRoan Sat 27-Jun-15 21:29:00

starts on 14th November according to the website.

I booked today - the early tours are still available for lots of weekend dates.

Noeuf Sat 27-Jun-15 21:36:02

The great hall is decorated and the castle is in the snow. We went on 27 December this year. I'm not sure it was so amazing we'd deliberately go again for the snow but worth seeing once.

How easy is it to get to if travelling up by train?

milkmilklemonade12 Mon 10-Aug-15 21:03:30

trip where are you coming from?

Plymouth!

serenaserene Mon 10-Aug-15 21:42:51

Going by train is really easy - just jump on the dedicated bus outside Watford Junction station. £2 each, runs continuously and takes about 15 minutes to the studios.

milkmilklemonade12 Mon 10-Aug-15 21:44:22

Ooohh I'm from Plymouth wink

Yes very easy my parents come up to visit us all the time, you go into Paddington I think and then you can get anywhere.

milkmilklemonade12 Mon 10-Aug-15 21:45:35

The Paddington train comes up from Penzance at about 6am so would be with you about 7? You'd be in London for about 10:30 so you could do a 2pm tour quite easily... Although I would recommend staying the night before if you could because it could be a bit of a push.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now