Present ideas for a 4 year old girl please. What are your girls into?

(25 Posts)
Bluedots Sun 21-Dec-14 23:04:27

Really stuck for ideas for my 4 year old DD for Christmas. What are your girls into?

billiejeanbob Sun 21-Dec-14 23:17:17

my little pony dolls and ponies
frozen!!
baby annabell
dressing up
craft
build a bear
lego juniors

Only1scoop Sun 21-Dec-14 23:19:07

Playmobil

Board games....

Craft stuff....

Dressing up costumes

Lego friends

Meplusyouequals4 Sun 21-Dec-14 23:22:02

Dress up

Role play, kitchen, cleaning, shop.

Dolls

Frozen

Crafts

nickeljrismybabesitter Sun 21-Dec-14 23:30:23

What's your little girl into?

What have you already got her?

Books are always fab - You Choose is a favourite, or the new one by Nick Sharratt- christmas fancy dress.

My 3yo loves spiderman, Cars (film), monsters inc, ben and holly's little kingdom and peppa pig.

Maybe a film? Or dress-up outfits? If sge does like dressing up and you don,t already have a main present, then a cheap wooden chest, some long pieces of fabric, a sword and shield, short black trousers, a waistcoat, a bandana, tiara, shiny fabric, hats, any manner of random pieces of clothing, would make a fantastic starter kit for a dressing-up box

nickeljrismybabesitter Sun 21-Dec-14 23:33:35

One thing dd loces playing with, whicb will work in the dressing up box, is rapunzel hair from a display I made once.
I got a big ball of yellowey-orange yarn, cut it into strands about 6ft long, groupe them into 3s and plaited them. Dd sonetimes pretends it's hair, sometimes it's a rope, sometimes it's a snake grin

Bluedots Mon 22-Dec-14 00:34:14

Thanks all. Have few bits and pieces but no main present. Grandparents and aunts uncles buying her board games/ frozen stuff/ crafts. Can't think what to get from us

AlfAlf Mon 22-Dec-14 00:37:53

Dolls house. Play kitchen (the one from Ikea is cool). Sylvanians.

Happy36 Mon 22-Dec-14 00:42:01

Our daughter is 3 and a half. She is getting ballet shoes (to start classes in Jan.), a new bicycle and some books this Christmas plus colouring book and felt-tips in her stocking.

Happy36 Mon 22-Dec-14 00:43:02

^ (Well, technically she´s getting the bicycle from the 3 kings on 5th Jan., as we live in Spain, but the other gifts from Santa on Wednesday).

Bluedots Mon 22-Dec-14 01:01:57

Thank you, some great ideas there x

JustAScreenName Mon 22-Dec-14 01:28:54

My 4y/o dd is getting a few Frozen themed bits and pieces, some Lego (Friends and City), and a Hot Wheels racecar track.

UnfortunateUsername Mon 22-Dec-14 01:46:00

Frozen, Lego Friends, Power Rangers.....everything and anything really!

QuicheMama Mon 22-Dec-14 03:16:32

Playmobil. Just that grin

GingerSkin Mon 22-Dec-14 03:39:06

We were in toysrus yesterday and picked up a large bracelet / jewellery making kit for £15. Dd had a mini one and spent hours playing with it a few months back, so think this large one will go down a treat. Dd is 3.4yo.

We've also got her jigsaws, train track (ikea), peppapig toy and mr tumble stuff (spotty bag).

What tv programmes does she like? Any toys linked to it?

MummyPig24 Mon 22-Dec-14 04:55:19

4.9 yo dd is into dressing up so she has got Elsa and Anna dresses from her brothers, and the Sophia dress from my in laws.

She also has a snow glow Elsa, my little pony, pens, craft kit, duvet set, clothes, DVD, Lego, books from us and various family.

Neeko Mon 22-Dec-14 06:33:49

What about a CD player?

SootInMySack Mon 22-Dec-14 06:52:54

How about a Karaoke machine? Or a big dolls house, a dressing up box with a load of outfits, build a bear with accessories.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Mon 22-Dec-14 07:09:48

Is she just 4 or nearer 5?

Some main present ideas:

Puppet theatre
Play shop
Lego City set
Scooter or bike
Playmobil set (lots of different ranges to choose from)
Easel
CD player (DS, who's now 6 loves listening to audio books on his)
Kids camera (or cheap proper one)

EllieWid74 Mon 22-Dec-14 11:07:08

Anything Frozen, The Range have so much Frozen stuff in-store that I can recommend - www.therange.co.uk/

Magazine subscription - National Geographic Kids is a great choice! www.magazine.co.uk/the-hub/a-magazine-isn-t-just-for-christmas

A trip to the theatre or a special trip to Peppa Pig World to look forward to - peppapigworld.co.uk/

TenMinutesEarly Mon 22-Dec-14 11:09:51

Nothing like leaving it to the last minute OP fgrin

nickeljrismybabesitter Mon 22-Dec-14 18:08:12

Have a look in yiurelocal mothercare or wilko's - I've been in both today and they're stuffed with great gifts.
A cash till, a basket with food in it, and a ahopping trolley - all for under £40 in total and make a great big gift from parents smile

nickeljrismybabesitter Mon 22-Dec-14 18:13:14

"Your local"

Lovelydiscusfish Mon 22-Dec-14 19:43:25

Scooter, dolls' house, toy farm, train set, Wendy house? (You may of course already have all these things).

michellervogel1950 Mon 05-Oct-15 12:11:19

The things that she want from Santa are small character toys/figurines, also hello kitty bike (with seat at the back for her dolly), barbie princess, double buggy with twin babies.

The three things above seem to be what every 4 years old girl really wants. But what I would be happy for her to have at this age is for her to have friends. realnorthpolemail.com/letter-from-santa.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now