Aqua beads, beados?

(14 Posts)
marne2 Mon 10-Nov-14 17:18:14

Are either any good? Dd is asking for these, she loves Hama beads but I get fed up of ironing the bloody things so was wondering if these would be better? Do they stick together as well as the Hama beads?

LisaRobbo24 Tue 11-Nov-14 19:06:08

My daughter wants the beados aswell. I just researched them and Aqua beads & beado's are the same. Argos sells the beados all-in-one station for £19.99
Think I'm.going to go for the beados. smile

Norfolkandchance1234 Thu 20-Nov-14 13:04:53

We had aqua beads one year and they are not a patch on Hama beads, very fiddly and don't really hold together.

mabelbabel Thu 20-Nov-14 13:31:32

I love Hamma beads and hate Aquabeads with a passion. They are fiddly, fragile and frustrating. We have had a few sets, but I'm always glad when they run out.

jThompson Thu 20-Nov-14 18:24:35

Another aqua bead hater here I'm afraid. We have never got them to stick together very well.

wizzler Thu 20-Nov-14 21:24:38

Agree... aqua beads are the work of the devil... Hama beads are much better at melding .
I saw Hobbycraft have something that look similar... not sure if they are as good

TheColdDoesBotherMeAnyway Thu 20-Nov-14 21:27:47

DON'T. DO. IT.

Seriously. I cannot stress this enough.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T.

That's all I have to say on the matter. There is a special place in hell that is full of Aqua beads grin

wizzler Thu 20-Nov-14 21:39:26

Thecold and Mabel... it seems we have had similar experiences... shall we start a support group?

TheColdDoesBotherMeAnyway Thu 20-Nov-14 21:44:15

My low point was when the circular case fell on the floor and I had to re colour sort the beads. There was much swearing involved grin

Ours were a gift, I've never forgiven my friend for that one grin

wizzler Thu 20-Nov-14 21:49:45

its the look on DD's little face, when the creation she spent so much time on, disintegrated into a million, tiny, pieces before her eyes. And they hurt when you stand on them...

Lindy2 Thu 20-Nov-14 21:54:43

My 2 love aquabeads. I think they are great too although being round when they drop them the little blighters roll everywhere on our wood floor. That aside, they were good fun. If your creation breaks just squirt more water in to restick. If beados are the same but cheaper that sounds good to me!
swishesds - This is what aquabeads auto corrects to on my phone. What does that even mean!

hels71 Thu 20-Nov-14 21:57:26

DD loves hama beads. She found aqua beads really hard to use.

Naicecuppatea Thu 20-Nov-14 22:44:24

Hate the Beados, they're rubbish, fiddly and don't stick together well. Don't recommend at all.

Dadselasticband Mon 04-Jan-16 14:08:42

My five year old girl loves aqua beads and can do them quite easily. Yes it takes some getting used to but kids learn quick. I just want to know which ones are better because they bothe have different setups available. Is one a cheaper version of another or are they both equal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now