Where do you buy your cards and wrapping paper?

(26 Posts)
MarjoryStewartBaxter Mon 01-Sep-14 14:12:03

I usually go for paperchase but would like to try somewhere different this year, so am looking for recommendations!

AuntieStella Mon 01-Sep-14 14:20:30

I've been going to a pop up shop for Cards for Good Causes, and if you're not near one, they sell online too

They do more than just cards.

0pheliaBalls Mon 01-Sep-14 14:29:23

Paperchase or M&S usually - in late January, when they're 75% off grin

Shinyshoes2 Mon 01-Sep-14 14:39:15

M&S a few days before Christmas they are usually at least 1/2 price
I stock up for the following year

Card Factory stinge

PureMorning Mon 01-Sep-14 14:40:42

Paperchase
John lewis
I got some nice paper in Blott last year. It was double sided red/green paper looked really nice.

MarjoryStewartBaxter Mon 01-Sep-14 15:09:15

The Cards for Good Causes site looks brill, thanks Auntie

Not heard of Blott before, will have a look! Didn't realise Card Factory were online but have just found their site. Was about to get in a strop about them not having their Christmas section up yet but it's only just September so will let them off...

Every year I swear I will buy my cards and paper in the sale and every year I'm far too busy cramming selection boxes into my mouth to get round to doing it.blush

1980jm Mon 01-Sep-14 18:37:24

I discovered IKEA for wrapping paper last year. They had sets with a few rolls of different patterns in one colour. Looked brilliant with a (frankly ridiculously large) pile of gifts under the tree. Much cheaper than John Lewis or similar, and the paper was better quality.
Fingers crossed they'll have similar this year when the Christmas stock comes in.

MarjoryStewartBaxter Mon 01-Sep-14 20:01:02

Aha, had forgotten ikea did nice Christmas things. Tend to avoid it like the plague near busy times as our local one is horrific from the moment the doors open, but as I'm finally being organised this year can avoid the mad busy times. Any idea when their Christmas stock comes in?

Costco for huge rolls of paper (they have a single roll of double sided or four rolls of co-ordinating colours but different patterns)
This year though, I've bought boxes and bags from QVC.
I need some tissue paper and ribbons and I'm away.
I will wrap the Stocking Gifts (as per usual) but I'll look in M&S, only need a couple of rolls.

BeyondRepair Mon 01-Sep-14 21:06:03

Last year Ikea, they had a wonderful range of vintage which I used from us, and some really funky bright green and red ones - with FC on, used for presents from FC for younger child and gold father C for older one, lovely boxes too.

everydayaschoolday Mon 01-Sep-14 21:19:08

half price M&S paper in the post Christmas sale last year. Cards all half price Card Factory from Jan too. (Uber stingy but v organised). I had nice paper last year from thepoppyshop.com (in aid of The Royal British Legion) but I don't think they have their christmas stock in yet.

Drania Mon 01-Sep-14 21:29:27

I just bought some lovely wrapping paper from Ebay, £1.74 for 12 quite large and lovely thick sheets. Not a lot of range in designs in the pack I got, but if I was using a roll there wouldn't be anyway.

I usually buy cards in the sales and tuck them away but totally forgot last time. sad

chanie44 Tue 02-Sep-14 06:47:32

I get really cheapo wrapping paper from places like card factory, as I like a big mix of colour under my tree as it looks really exciting.

ToAvoidConversation Tue 02-Sep-14 06:54:11

I always buy in the sales along with all my cards, including personal cards as these work out to be really expensive. Love ikea for wrapping paper and have quite a lot of it. Seem to have gradually collected a huge amount of wrap so no co-ordinated efforts this year so I can get rid of lots of it!!

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 02-Sep-14 07:13:19

Paperchase - January or when Red does the 25% off.

ArrivedAtPanicStation Tue 02-Sep-14 11:19:29

I normally buy my wrapping paper in M&S, Their paper is lovely.

Cards I just normally get where ever as long as they're nice. Get DDs cards that she gives to her friends somewhere cheap though grin

Barbeasty Tue 02-Sep-14 17:49:25

I get cards from Traidcraft as they're really high quality. I used to get paper there, but over the last few years it's got thinner and thinner. This year I have some from the John Lewis sale recently. 50p a roll.

HolgerDanske Wed 03-Sep-14 21:43:31

I bought tilda for this year. And some maileg for next year. Online.

GiveMeCheesecake Thu 04-Sep-14 20:26:26

Last year I bought mine online from Wilko. They had a lovely collection of wrapping paper and Christmassy homeware bits called Berry something and I bought up most of it grin

Pointlessfan Thu 04-Sep-14 20:30:34

Wherever I happen to see nice ones in the January sales. In the last couple of years I've got cards from Waitrose. Wrapping paper I get nice stuff from paperchase for family and cheapo stuffs stocking fillers for the kids in the family eg Wilkos or Card Factory.

TheFantasticMrsFox Thu 04-Sep-14 23:27:21

I have a raft several rolls of brown paper with Christmas patterns on from Waitrose that was the princely sum of 25p a roll in the after Christmas clear out. I had hankered after a new theme but at 25p a roll decided I quite like the rustic look grin
Cards come from Sally James and are ludicrously expensive but we only send a few <friendless> grin

sweetsomethings Fri 05-Sep-14 06:28:05

I get mine from Costco its the best paper ive used so im going to stick to buying it from them.

MarjoryStewartBaxter Fri 05-Sep-14 07:24:50

Ooh loads of brilliant ideas here, thank you smile

HolgerDanske Fri 05-Sep-14 07:38:59

I also usually buy in January sales. Esp in waitrose and john Lewis, but also m&s and bhs. I've built up a great collection over the years of a wide range of styles and colours.

The 6 rolls I bought at full price this year (because I wanted specific ones) have probably cost me more than the rest of the stash put together...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now