Want to go away for Christmas 2014

(7 Posts)
RaRaSkirtsForever Sun 31-Aug-14 19:47:07

Please let me give some ideas of where a family of 2 adults and 4 teenagers can go for Christmas.

What are you after.
UK or abroad?
Are you after a Traditional Indulgent Christmas or do you want to escape from it all?

My DSis went to Goa one year (complete escape) she loved it.

If I had to go away for Christmas (which I wouldn't- grin ) I'd pick a really nice townhouse in York. Lovely town, log fire, quick scoot round M&S, Bettys and the little shops in the Shambles .
And maybe the promise of snow,.....

RaRaSkirtsForever Mon 01-Sep-14 17:41:30

Thanks for the response, but it won't be happening now as OH was made redundant today.

Thanks for the reply though.

iloveholidays Mon 01-Sep-14 22:08:38

Sorry to hear that. hope he finds something quickly and you can start looking again xx

BirdingWidow Mon 01-Sep-14 22:30:12

Oh I'm so sorry RaRa. I went through that last year myself, it was a horrible blow but we got back on our feet. Hope things look up soon

RaRaSkirtsForever Wed 03-Sep-14 21:02:28

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts, I am currently going through the process of getting back to work in London after 8 years.

Hopefully if he finds something soon we can still get that break at Xmas.

Thanks again.

MsAspreyDiamonds Wed 03-Sep-14 21:21:48

I am sorry to hear about your dh's redundancy. I am not sure what area your dh works in but here are two links for job opps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now