Anyone have a Balsam Hill 'realistic' artificial Christmas tree?

(7 Posts)
forcookssake Sun 31-Aug-14 12:27:00

I can see they're £££s but the photos look great and there's a sale on right now.
We live up stairs and tight corners so an actual real tree is not an option, so I'd be willing to invest in a great artificial one. If they're good wink
Any experience of these trees?

We have one, usually in addition to some real ones. It definitely is the best of the fake ones, and you have to get really close to notice that it is not real. The pre-lit feature is very good and you get a very even distribution. I think they also have sales frequently.

forcookssake Sun 31-Aug-14 12:37:28

Thanks charley that's really helpful. Even though I'm only looking at the Sale section I'm hesitant to spend such an amount BUT I'm recently trying to 'buy once, buy well' and I think these fit the bill smile

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sun 31-Aug-14 13:00:00

Ooh, interested in responses to this. We normally have a real tree, but last year's was bug infested and I'm seriously thinking of an artificial one this year. Want to get one that looks really good though.

Myhensareladies Sun 31-Aug-14 13:05:41

Oh I looking for a 'nice' tree his year, can you post the link? Thanks

forcookssake Sun 31-Aug-14 14:44:14

hi myhens, I've just taken the plunge and ordered one from the sale section grin
I'm on my phone so forgive a possibly non-worky link...
[trees http://www.balsamhill.co.uk/Artificial-Christmas-Trees-on-Sale-s/64.htm]
There are only a few styles that still have 6 or 7 foot sizes remaining, but if you can be flexible there are some good savings.

girlywhirly Mon 01-Sep-14 09:50:31

I think the better the quality the longer they last, so will save you money over the years. We have one from a different company that has lasted very well, including being climbed by our cat, and this year will be it's 13th outing. Provided you pack it away and store it carefully yours should give you many years of enjoyment.

You can change your theme/colour scheme to your hearts content but it will always look fabulous because you have a really good tree at the centre of it all.

If I was after a new tree, it would be Balsam Hill I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now