ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Christmas duvet covers

(58 Posts)
SixerofthePixies Wed 27-Aug-14 08:36:43

Anyone know when these appear in the shops, am thinking matalan or next I guess. I really want some for the dc but left it too late last yr. I want something bright and colourful. I know M and S did them last year but theirs were quite tasteful - Scandinavian reindeer type. I want a large Santa type thing grin

MrsWinnibago Wed 27-Aug-14 08:39:28

Oh there was a link on the christmas bargain thread last year for some really lovely tacky ones! I'm with you on the tack...it's gotta have Father Christmas on it!

I'm keen to know too!

But I had thought of buying some christmassy fleecy fabric and making a throw or a sleeping bag for mine...

Guitargirl Wed 27-Aug-14 08:42:57

I bought some nice ones on ebay last year, new still in packet.

smile I've been looking too.
DH and I have the Nordic grey cover/pillowcases that I put with Primar flannel white with tiny reindeer sheets/pillowcases.
It's quite thin, but I have hot flushes so I don't want too warm.

eBay have some from the USA in at the moment but the p&p adds up.

Good idea about the fleeces sewed together. I reckon for DS I could get a large fleece throw from Dunelm Mill and sew some press-studs in each corner and mid-way along the sides to back onto a plain fleece.
(I hate sewing but I think I can manage this )

BiddyPop Wed 27-Aug-14 13:06:15

I am pondering trying to get a double duvet set for DD - single bed but double duvet to keep the darn thing on the little kicker darling.

I can get to a Primark (Penneys here) but awkward so knowing they're in would be great.

No dunelm mills or similar.

M&S don't do homewares in the ones near me, but again, the one near Primark does - so if I know they're in it's worth a trip.

I have bought a fleece panel with a santa scene printed on it, but that will be used more downstairs I think (DD curls up under dleece blankets all the time, but they're all massive so I wanted a smaller one for her so I am not folding up the mahoosive things I can't even hold up all the time.

tanya1312 Wed 27-Aug-14 16:21:29

Look on koolkidsrooms on google xx

Oldraver Wed 27-Aug-14 17:32:24

I gotthis Next one a couple of years ago. They come up on Ebay (new) quite a lot

SixerofthePixies Wed 27-Aug-14 17:45:14

Old raver that's the sort of thing I'm after just need to make sure I can get two the same if I get on eBay will have a look in a second. Matalan had a lovely one last year but was sold out continually by the time I saw it. Thought I'd try and get in early this yr.

Oldraver Wed 27-Aug-14 18:39:07

Next do one every year but they do change the designs each time.

tshirtsuntan Wed 27-Aug-14 18:52:37

Nice red Santa ones from h&m last year, lovely 100% cotton too. Also cheap smile

HermioneWeasley Wed 27-Aug-14 20:20:07

I got Christmas fleece blankets from Dunelm mill last year instead of investing in the duvets which were more expensive.

halestone Wed 27-Aug-14 20:43:37

You can get some on ebay for £7.99 i can't link as it been a week since i saw them.

Guitargirl Wed 27-Aug-14 21:08:03

Old raver - that's the one I bought on ebay last year as well as one from the koolkidsrooms link mentioned earlier. It's like the MN scarf!

Luciferbox Wed 27-Aug-14 21:10:16

Spotted Christmas cushions and candles in Asda living today.

Gusthetheatrecat Wed 27-Aug-14 21:56:22

Oh my god. Christmas bedding? A whole new world of Christmas insanity just opened up for me. IN A REALLY GOOD WAY.

Oldraver Wed 27-Aug-14 22:27:48

Gust grin welcome to the craziness

DS loves his and this will be the third year he has used it so ? fiver a year which I think is good value. He is 9 after Christmas so not sure How long he will like this kind of thing

Gust I bought fleece blankets from Lakeland years ago (probably 11 years) of Father Christmas climbing down the chimney.
Tradition now is they are on the DC beds (DC will be 15 and 12.6 at Christmas). The fleeces are looking a bit tatty now (aaahh) I think they should be donated to the guinea-pigs but DD won't relinquish hers grin

I do need bigger ones, they have KS quilts now. (the DC not the guinea-pigs)

thecherryontop Thu 28-Aug-14 08:07:57

Was in primark yesterday and they had bedding sets and fleece throws in for christmas grin

misstiredbuthappy Thu 28-Aug-14 10:45:40

I need christmas bedding too dd will love it grin

Im going OTT this year but who cares its only once a year !

Marmiteandjamislush Thu 28-Aug-14 16:32:35

Local PRIMARK had Nordic ones in today

Can I go into Primark tomorrow and "tut" that's it's Still August while I buy some Christmas Bedding ?

wink
(I got a hmm look from my DD when I bought a nice soft jumper last week she bought a jacket with a padded body and wool sleeves. And she was meh about my jumper )

I need some nice bedding for my DS , that's my excuse. He has flannel sheets , he needs festive sheets.

<<Disclaimer: I did not buy any but>>

They had in Primark:

a flannel 'Nordic' duvet cover (grey/white)
a flannel 'Woodland' white with grey
a red/navy/white Nordic (unsure if flannel)
a dark red deer pattern

I am dithering as to what to buy for the DC but I'll wait till they start school (but not so long that they'll be sold out wink )

nickdrakeslovechild Fri 29-Aug-14 20:15:23

I went into my local Primark to look today as well! I wasn't keen on the duvet sets but my LO picked out the red throw with the owls on.

misstiredbuthappy Fri 29-Aug-14 22:51:04

Ooh smile im going to primark Wednesday after work I hope theres some in the one I go to !

DH and I have Primark flannel sheets and pillowcases (from last Christmas). We have a thing mattress topper and the KS fits our KS bed.

DD and DS have double beds and KS duvets. I'm going to buy KS sheets as they do come up a bit shallow, depth wise (I'm planning putting a mattress topper on DD bed too)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now