What to buy 7 year old neice who has everything?

(29 Posts)
Rtfairy Fri 22-Aug-14 07:23:09

Actually looking for birthday ideas but would like to get xmas pressie too. She seems to have so much, doesn't know what she wants, dsis no help at all. Really struggling for inspiration!

LilyandGinger Fri 22-Aug-14 07:26:29

I'm not sure what your budget is but how about paying for a class she does or for season tickets to something.

Alternatively buy tickets to something she'd like to see (theatre, concert )

Purpleflamingos Fri 22-Aug-14 07:29:08

My 7 yr old niece loves monster high if you need ideas.

TheReluctantCountess Fri 22-Aug-14 07:29:13

A box of loom bands.

DeathMetalMum Fri 22-Aug-14 07:30:54

Take her out for the day? Cinema, bowling, local attracion or something explain it's for her birthday.

mausmaus Fri 22-Aug-14 07:32:07

agree with day out

Rtfairy Fri 22-Aug-14 07:43:42

Thanks for the suggestions! Also I do know how to spell niece! Don't know how that happened, I will just blame it on my rough night with my poorly baby!

CoteDAzur Fri 22-Aug-14 07:45:43

I second the box of looms.

fairyfuckwings Fri 22-Aug-14 07:47:12

Is she "crafty"? My nearly 7 year old loves the craft kits you can get. It's something you can't really have too much of as once the projects done - it's done! Argos has them and they're in the sale at the moment.

Sorry about your tricky night, fingers crossed for a better one tonight flowers How about swimming lessons for your niece?

Herecomesthesciencebint Fri 22-Aug-14 07:48:56

Magazine or comic subscription
Voucher of cinema
Home cinema night box ie DVD, popcorn maker and some retro popcorn boxes
Little box filled with goodies she is into like sparkly nail varnish etc or cookie cutters and a wooden spoon or craft stuff ( the works or hobbeycraft are great for this)
Voucher for a kids cookery course
Ticket for a day out to theme park

NickNackNooToYou Fri 22-Aug-14 08:15:58

I agree with those who suggest a day out. The cinema is always a winner for my DCs grin

jamtoast12 Fri 22-Aug-14 10:00:09

I wouldn't get looms, I have two dds and there isn't a single child in their age ranges who doesn't already have them! I expect they'll be over by Xmas.

I'd go for anything crafty. Amazon has load of stuff such make your own headbands or gelarti sets. I've also previously bought nice Disney handbags and shoes from the Disney store which always go down well. At that age they move on from the normal fancy dress stuff into more grown up stuff like play wigs, grass skirts, fancy leotards, feather boas, fancy shoes etc so a couple from there!

Depending on budget I don't think you can go wrong with an argos design a friend or lego friends.

jamtoast12 Fri 22-Aug-14 10:01:32

Personally I'd avoid vouchers, days out or anything non physical, mine would be more excited with something they can use on the actual day I think.

elQuintoConyo Fri 22-Aug-14 10:22:07

A box to put everything in?

RiverTam Fri 22-Aug-14 10:23:30

an experience of some kind? Tickets to Singalonga Frozen or somesuch?

trice Fri 22-Aug-14 10:27:30

I would get her something 'real'. Like a cookie making set with all the ingredients, or some decent binoculars. Good art equipment is always well received too.

FamiliesShareGerms Fri 22-Aug-14 10:29:54

Look on NotOnTheHighStreet for quirky ideas.

A voucher

elvisola Fri 22-Aug-14 10:31:10

Lego Friends is always a hit with my DD7 and her friends.

Craft kits always go down well with my DD and at this age they can progress onto more adult things. She likes things like colour by numbers as well. Also she likes books teaching her to cook, sew, knit etc too.

I think loom bands are probably heading out, we were on holiday the other week and half the sunloungers had boxes of loom bands poking out of the bags next to them but no DCs actually doing them, the interest lasted about a fortnight for my DD.

Notso Fri 22-Aug-14 10:36:33

I would get the voucher or day out type thing with a big box of 'grown up' chocolates.

pilates Fri 22-Aug-14 10:45:04

How about a voucher for build a bear?

Heels99 Fri 22-Aug-14 10:50:01

Book voucher? Mine love choosing new books
Frozen pjs

Nothing that requires adult involvement eg baking or craft sets

ChilliMum Fri 22-Aug-14 10:57:26

My daughter is 8 so a year ahead but she has grown up so much over the last year. Biggest change has been pop music. How about a cd, cd player or we got our daughter a second hand ipod from ebay and cheap ipod dock about 2 years ago which has been a great success!!!

Other than that I absolutely second craft stuff but check with her mum first as they often require quite a bit off parental input.

marne2 Fri 22-Aug-14 11:06:14

My 8 year old loves:

Loom bands
Craft kits
Build a bear
Eating out ( so pizza express voucher?)
Music or any kind
Hama beads

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now