present ideas for newborn baby girl please!

(10 Posts)
omama Sun 17-Aug-14 21:32:23

We are expecting our second child at the beginning of December. While I know she really won't need anything much this Christmas, I want to make sure she has some presents from Santa, for DS's benefit really, as he would notice & question it if she didn't get anything. Plus I want to make sure we have sufficient stuff to last her through the year until her next birthday/christmas. I expect she'll get plenty of clothing when she arrives, and I plan to do a christmas stocking with small things she may need like teethers, toothbrush, vests etc, but am struggling for ideas for a few gifts under the tree.

Wondered about the fisher price piggy bank or gumball machine, or some sort of walker type thing for when she's 9-12 months (though we have a vetch one that ds never used already). Would welcome any other suggestions of things that got played with a lot from 6-12 months.

Thanks!

AndHarry Sun 17-Aug-14 21:44:19

How about a lamb skin she can lay on while she's so very tiny?

Paloma12 Sun 17-Aug-14 21:45:55

I have a Christmas second born as well. These things were nice for her first Christmas:

Little "my first Christmas" soft rattle from John Lewis. Our nanny got her that, and I've kept it as it reminds me so much of when she was born.

Fisher price till, with toy money - she loves it.

Her own dinner set - plates and cup etc

Books, including a few of my own favourites for when she's older

Pull along duck/cat on wheels.

Paloma12 Sun 17-Aug-14 21:47:01

Oh, and a name sign for her bedroom door

omama Sun 17-Aug-14 21:55:12

Thanks for the suggestions. I should add: we already have most of the bigger stuff we need e.g. baby nest/bouncy chair/playmat etc, plus a few toys handed down from DS eg fisher price animal train. So its really something that can be 'hers' iyswim.

I like the 'my first christmas' idea so may have to look into that further. Any more suggestions welcomed!

AndHarry Sun 17-Aug-14 21:58:44

DC2 was also a Christmas baby. We got her some animal Duplo but by the time she was old enough to be interested DC1 had appropriated it.

How about a nightlight that projects stars onto the ceiling? That's nice and Christmassy smile

StuffYouAllInTheCrust Sun 17-Aug-14 22:02:42

How about a personalised rag doll with her name on? I recently got one for my newborn niece and had her name, date if birth, time and weight embroidered on it's dress. Obviously it's something to keep for her as she is too small to play with it! They have some beautiful ones on eBay and Amazon.

Lovelydiscusfish Mon 18-Aug-14 20:12:48

I got dd a nice fabric book with the Christmas story in it.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Mon 18-Aug-14 20:35:03

We have number 2 due end Nov and so far have brought a couple of lamaze toys, a Sophie giraffe teether, a toy camera thingy for 6mth + and a bath toy.

Fresh01 Tue 19-Aug-14 23:26:43

Some girlie/pink decorations for her bedroom, that you might be getting anyway that could be wrapped and put under the tree. Coloured storage boxes - memory boxes - hook for dressing gown, a girlie lamp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now