Visiting Santa.

(6 Posts)
starlight1234 Sun 17-Aug-14 20:10:54

This is probably the last year my DS is truly going to believe in Santa..Got questions last year. We have always done something really special sinc ehe was old enough to understand ,

We have done twin lakes , gullivers, Polar Express.

I would love to do something really special this year...

I have looked at Lapland but seems to be a ridiculous amount of money ...Has anyone any great experiences or ideas of what could make it magical?

How old is your DS?
We did the Steam Train rides when my oldest was 3yo, Deal Castle when he was 4yo, different train when he was 5yo .
(DD is 2.6 years younger)

I don't think they need to 'believe' it's part of the build up and the fun, my DS was told by NDN DD that there was no Father Christmas but I asked him to keep that to himself and not enlighten DD (he was Yr 2, she was Reception)

I would love Lapland UK, but now mine are too old and cynical (at 14,6 and 12) so they'd spoil it for younger ones who want the whole experience (I'll wait till I have grandchildren to go smile )

We go to London, there's lots to see, all the decorations. But it costs ££ with fares, food, buying things. (They weren't impressed with Kew Gardens Walk by Lights).

What about the IMAX - they do Christmas films?
Then hot chocolate somewhere and watch the lights.
Winter Wonderland is pretty but very busy now.

We're going to Harry Potter this year (but I reckon this'll be the last year of going out somewhere festive )

starlight1234 Sun 17-Aug-14 20:56:45

My DS is 7...

I looked at Lapland Uk last year but it has awful reviews and I get put off Esp as I don;t know anyone who has been

starlight1234 Sun 14-Sep-14 16:28:36

anymore ideas really need to start booking

jamtoast12 Sun 14-Sep-14 16:35:52

Don't completely rule out real Lapland ....prices now are at their peak. Last dec you could get four days (for a family of four) for £1200 a couple of weeks before (thomsons). Inc all activities and clothing

jamtoast12 Sun 14-Sep-14 16:37:16

Centre parcs always looks good. We have the opposite problem, we went to Lapland two years ago (similar...always make a big deal) but I struggle to top it now and I definitely can't do a Santa visit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now