wooden advent calenders

(12 Posts)
misstiredbuthappy Wed 06-Aug-14 14:22:05

This year im getting dd a wooden advent calender but im stuck for ideas as to what little bits and bobs I could put in the draws ? Ive orderd some of them finger light thingies, bobbles, cholcolate coins, and stickers I cant think of anythink else ?

LokiBear Wed 06-Aug-14 15:55:25

Hair bobbles and clips?

I found some threads misstired I'll bump them for you.

(Also spent far too long browsing and thinking "Oh I'll read that thread...and that one..." grin

LadySybilLikesCake Wed 06-Aug-14 16:28:49

What about little christmas tree decorations for a tiny tree? She can put a new decoration on the tree each day, and on Christmas eve she can put a star on the top. Job done and you can keep the decorations and the tree to use again and again and it can be her tree.

I have a really ancient much loved traditional Advent Calender that has a little tree (musical) with tiny decorations in a wooden painted cupboard with 24 doors inside.
I put a couple of chocolate coins in each space. And now they're older, I put a couple of new shiney £1 coins in each Saturday

misstiredbuthappy Wed 06-Aug-14 18:15:04

Thanks some brilliant ideas grin

LadySybilLikesCake Wed 06-Aug-14 19:09:08

Oh, I have one like that, 70isa smile There's tiny buttons on the tree above for the decorations, and a cupboard with draws under which hold the decorations. It isn't musical though.

everydayaschoolday Wed 06-Aug-14 22:25:11

Lol I started an identical thread about this time last year - thanks for bumping 70 xx ;)

My lesson identified was that we amassed 24 Squinkies that I now desperately want rid of hahaha, and DD was only really interested in the Aldi mini choc santa in the drawer that accompanied the aforementioned Squinkie.

I'm just doing choc coins this year, and stealing an idea from this board from last year: wrapping all the amassed christmas books from previous years, put the 'presents' in a hamper (aka christmas-paper-wrapped-cardboard-box)/basket decorated with some tinsel & baubles, label each 'present' book with a raffle ticket number, and put a corresponding ticket in each drawer - so a 'new' book to unwrap and read each night for bedtime story and it costs nothing (but a bit of cheapo wrapping) ;) (I clear the Christmas books away in Jan, so by the following Dec they feel 'fresh' again to the little kids). I love the Christmas topic - such brilliant ideas here. Sorry I can't reference the idea to pass the credit on.

curiousgeorgie Wed 06-Aug-14 22:33:16

I put notes in ours... (And chocolate coins and a mixture of Disney fridge magnets and surprise eggs)

Each note was an activity / outing to do that day...

See Peppa pig live
Go to the zoo and wish all the animals a merry Christmas
Go and see Santa
See a panto
Watch the Christmas circus
Buy a tree
See Frozen at the cinema
Have a Christmas party with all your friends

There was a really good thing to do everyday and my DD Loved it!!! grin

everydayaschoolday Wed 06-Aug-14 23:42:40

I like that one too curiousgeorgie grin

misstiredbuthappy Thu 07-Aug-14 22:44:28

Thank you ive orderd lots of little bits of amazon.

curious georgie great idea never thought of that DD will love it.

A bit of a raffle sounds good every can just imagine DDs little face smile

I love talking to other people about christmas, if I mention it to my friends alls I get is ITS AUGUST ! grin

RockySpeed Fri 08-Aug-14 08:38:02

Toy story squinkies for DS (4) this year - bargain pound shop find! DD will be 14m so need to think of something for her..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now