Lone parent Christmas presents.

(9 Posts)
Smilesandpiles Mon 07-Jul-14 19:42:02

Some people who plan Christmas this far ahead are Lone Parents.

A couple of years ago I decided that I would buy myself a Christmas present because no one else would and I didn't see why I should miss out.

So I want to see if I can get anyone else into the idea.

This year, tell us what you will buy yourself, make sure you buy it, wrap it properly, with a bow and don't open it.

So, what will you buy yourself this year?

chanie44 Mon 07-Jul-14 21:29:29

My sister is a lone parent and I always do her a Christmas stocking from her children. I buy stuff like toiletries, make up, socks etc.

I also do a stocking for OH and myself - yes, I buy my own stocking fillers.

I use it as a way to buy random stuff I want but don't need, like a pretty compact mirror and a money tin.

chanie44 Mon 07-Jul-14 21:34:43

Make sure you buy yourself something nice, that you will look forward too opening.

I buy myself a few nice bits and bobs too. Nothing super expensive but that's still a treat eg box of chocs, nice hand cream, nail varnish, etc.

HollyBollyBooBoo Tue 15-Jul-14 21:44:36

This makes me sound really shallow but I like pretty things...so last year I bought myself a Tiffany necklace and this year I'd like a nice watch. My birthday is early January so I spend a couple of hundred pounds on myself and say it's my joint Xmas and birthday present to myself!

MTWTFSS Sat 19-Jul-14 15:22:45

HollyBollyBooBoo Treating yourself does not make you shallow!!! We all deserve a treat once in a while smile

SweetSummerSweetPea Sat 19-Jul-14 23:03:22

This is a very sweet Idea, I am not however a lone parent, but still dont get any gifts! Am I allowed to do this for myself too?

chanie44 Tue 22-Jul-14 17:15:24

Sweet - yes, definitely do it for yourself and enjoy doing it. I already have a stash of gifts I can't wait to open on Xmas morning!!!

HollyBollyBooBoo Wed 23-Jul-14 11:03:17

Ah that's kind of you to say, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now