Already way too excited about Christmas..

(7 Posts)
wibblyjelly Tue 27-May-14 21:07:52

DH and I have decided to have Christmas day at home, just us and 2 year old ds. I am so excited about starting our own traditions, and doing things in our own way! If you do your own Christmas, come share your experiences!

So excited you posted twice grin

wibblyjelly Tue 27-May-14 21:15:18

Yeah. Just noticed that, stupid phone!��. Ignore this thread...

There's lots of Christmas Traditions Threads on here and a 2 yo will be too young to understand lots of the gongs on, but you can start a few lovely traditions with him.

My DC are 12 and 14 but we still have things we do (though they have changed alot over the years)

Christmas Eve Hamper - no, it's not "Oh what do they need more presents for" bah humbugginess.
The Hamper in our house is delivered when we go out for a walk (weirdly enough, when I check the back door )
PJs, a bath bomb, sachet of hot chocolate, a festive mug, an annual, jar of sweets, bath robe, pack of tiny biscuits.
Lots of these things they need/use and you can buy them in sales.

DD has an old IKEA teaset that she puts out (still grin )

When DS was about 3-4 I made an Elf in a bed, sleeping . We walked down to the playhouse in the dark with a candle in a jar to peek.

Candle in jar "Landing Strip" to guide the sleigh

Watching NORAD to see when he gets to the UK.

Going for a Christmas Eve walk to feed reindeer (or geese, we weren't fussy grin )

Looking at the neighbours lights and trees one night ( especially if you have a crisp, dry, cold night, pop his PJs under his clothes, wrap him warm , maybe in a buggy , and have a late evening walk, he should be fast asleep when you get back )

<<Makes me miss when mine were little and impressionable now >>

wibblyjelly Thu 29-May-14 12:26:56

Love, love, love the landing strip!

lucysmam Thu 29-May-14 17:05:09

70 I think I might pinch the landing strip idea this year as we don't have a chimney. The santa key used to go on the (boarded up) chimney breast so he could magically get through there but I needed a new idea for this year since we have steps and a path but no chimney/breast iyswim? smile

Iseecows Thu 29-May-14 17:08:05

I'm keeping all my finished jam jars from now until Christmas. Brilliant idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now