3 kings party ideas !!!

(22 Posts)
aldiconvert Tue 31-Dec-13 21:49:42

Baa humbug to those I know who have packed away all of the Christmas decs and shoved back into the loft! Festivities going on here until the 12 th night ( not that we are raving as all full of winter colds ) ...
Having a 3 kings party on 6 th January and thought I would start by reading stories on this theme with my children, then do an Anglo version if the French galette 3 kings cake where whoever finds the porcelain figure or whatever inside their slice gets to be king/ queen for the day.... Any other ideas for marking this ????? Either craft or food or games????

Davros Tue 31-Dec-13 22:16:18

I thought it was a Spanish cake with various small objects inside and the one who gets the crown(?) is King. I can't really remember tbh. We were in Madrid fir 3kings last time and used to go regularly when we were kids. I mostly remember having sweets thrown at us!

MsAspreyDiamonds Tue 31-Dec-13 23:44:30
Onesleeptillwembley Tue 31-Dec-13 23:56:14

Dancing to Elvis songs and playing tennis. Whilst talking about a dream. Watch Vicar of Dibley for references. grin

ancientbuchanan Wed 01-Jan-14 00:03:28

Youngest under the table or blindfolded calls out who gets which slice.

Pin the crown on the king.. or the tail on the camel...

Pass the kings parcel. You could put paper crowns and chocolate coins between the layers of paper.

The potato game. Brilliant fun. Put a lot of potatoes in a heap in the middle of the floor. Blindfold participants who have to pick up as many spuds as they can. When all have gone, the person with the most wins. You can do it in teams, with teams shouting directions, or letting everyone have a go simultaneously. You can allow them to pick up one or more at s time. You can use anything, chocolate coins, oranges, potatoes are safe though. Choc Coins would continue the gold theme.

Make your own puppet king. Paper, glue, colours. Or play dough. ( make your own)

Make your own treasure chest. Shoe boxes, wrapping paper in lovely colours. Make dough jewellery.

aldiconvert Wed 01-Jan-14 00:13:11

Oooh brilliant suggestions !!!!!!! Getting excited now ......
Thank you everyone !!!!!smile

Onesleeptillwembley Wed 01-Jan-14 00:17:49

Serious one-pass the crown. When the music stops, whoever has it on is to tell a daft joke. Warn everyone to have a corny joke ready.

Davros Wed 01-Jan-14 10:01:33

Rosca de Reyes, that's the stuff! Delicious

aldiconvert Wed 01-Jan-14 13:45:52

Like pass the crown idea and must get looking at recipes now !!!

aldiconvert Wed 01-Jan-14 13:48:11

Thanks for link asprey !!!

Liz79 Wed 01-Jan-14 18:15:44

hmm think I'll do this however we have today packed away most signs of Christmas. I might get out the nativity (minus wise men)

aldiconvert Wed 01-Jan-14 22:42:47

Think will also bake star cookies and let the kiddies decorate them !!!

aldiconvert Wed 01-Jan-14 22:50:43

Just ordered some 3 kings cake decorations from eBay to do an Anglo version of the traditional continental dessert as I am no Delia !!! Will just stick on top of an iced sponge cake and hide camel or star inside .... Unless anyone knows a uk stockist for the cake or a recipe ???!

aldiconvert Wed 01-Jan-14 23:20:43

Treasure hunt : hunt the star???

aldiconvert Wed 01-Jan-14 23:21:14

Maybe some carols " we three kings"

MsAspreyDiamonds Thu 02-Jan-14 04:06:38

Rosca de Reyes recipe

m.foodnetwork.com/recipes/304226

You could adapt a pannetonne as it's a fruit bread too.

aldiconvert Thu 02-Jan-14 18:38:39

Good idea ! Got a lovely huge full one left so I can use that ....

MsAspreyDiamonds Fri 10-Jan-14 21:06:34

J

MsAspreyDiamonds Fri 10-Jan-14 21:08:26

How

MsAspreyDiamonds Fri 10-Jan-14 21:09:20

Stupid phone!!

How did the party go?

aldiconvert Tue 14-Jan-14 00:21:42

Great ! To become an annual event I think ... Tried out most of the suggestions on above posts! smile Ended up anglicising the cake though ( sponge with 3 king figure decorations on top) so the kids would actually eat it ....

King125 Mon 14-Apr-14 07:28:33

Great idea for children dear. I am happy to read it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now