So.................. ...how many days now until Christmas 2014?

(750 Posts)

We need a new thread to continue the very successful countdowns of 2013 and 2012.

And before anyone does the hmm face (or fhmm face ) take a look at some of the 'Panic Threads' at the end of December when people were "Twitching" and stressing.

Organisation is key.

(I just need to find somewhere that'll work out how many days it is grin )

M&S Dark Chocolate Cherry Brandy chocolates smile

And those faux-Fererro Rocher ( I think Operettas? )

<<adds to list>>

PureMorning Mon 20-Oct-14 14:44:28

Went intoo M&S and they had boxes of Belgian biscuits and shortbread on offer so i got lots
Thats all the teachers and token gift people done and £30 under planned budget.

They had some really nice stocking bits in too.

nickdrakeslovechild Mon 20-Oct-14 07:26:34

Belated Happy Birthday to MiniPureMorning

PureMorning Sat 18-Oct-14 18:28:57

It is my toddlers 4th birthday today. Last birthday of the year for my family so i can get into the swing of Christmas now.

I love pinterest. I have four secret boards all full of Christmas stuff I browse all year

lostlalaloopsy Sat 18-Oct-14 13:00:29

Hope you're feeling better 70s!

Pure thanks, that reminds to book that for our local garden centre!

We have almost got all of the dc's presents, just need to get their bikes - the bargain thread has been very helpful!

It is dd's birthday just before Halloween so I need to get that out of the way before I go into full Christmas planning. She is having a party for the whole class so 30+ kids - she has been told that this is the last big party for a while!

And once that's past I can fully invest in perusing Pinterest for countless hours for inspiration!

xalyssx Sat 18-Oct-14 08:07:39

into the 60s now, we're on our way grin

70 - no picture I'm afraid, my abdomen is still a bit tender and weirdly my neck is sore (like when you go to the hairdressers and you sit with your head in the basin. Maybe my head and neck was cradled to stabilise it? )

Looking forward to the Christmas Food grin

Cheese Board, Wensleydale and Fruit Cake - all these things I thought were lost to me (but in moderation of course, I do not want to be rolling about with gut-ache over Christmas ) wink

nickdrakeslovechild Wed 15-Oct-14 11:28:26

oh 70 you will start to feel so much better now, damn gallbladders so much trouble. And you can now eat all the yummy Christmas food!

BiddyPop Wed 15-Oct-14 11:13:24

70s, I am glad to see you return (I knew you were going but not when). I hope you are on the mend and that it will make a big positive difference in the future! Will you have time, in your convalenscence (sp?), to do another of your fabby pictures for tomorrow - 70 days so only 10 weeks left!!

I bought my party invites this morning. I didn't get my boots or any cards, as I got told yesterday I am moving job internally, so need to finish off loads here by tomorrow evening and move Monday morning!! (And yet, I am procrastinating madly on MN....)

our time is coming.....coming with bells on!!!!

KnittedJimmyChoos Wed 15-Oct-14 10:07:03

I feel that everyone on this thread relates more to the first picture! grin

this is our time and its coming...

I've been missing in action (now missing a gallbladder - hooray)

Time to demand coffee and make lists grin

BiddyPop Tue 14-Oct-14 10:12:05

I got a lovely brooch for DSis yesterday.

And I got final clarification on au pair leaving - so while it fecks up short term arrangements, I will have my guest room back as a guest room, permenantly, from this coming weekend!! I can now plan all family events without having to ponder if a late teens girl wants to be involved or not.

There is a lovely shop called "The Drawing Room" (which kind of indicates what type of shop it is - all lovely knick knacks and furniture suited to a house with a drawing room) near the office which I passed yesterday - they were putting out the last of their decorations and turning the alcove into a true grotto!! (No Santa, just a fantastical grotto you'd love to have at home).

Today, as I have to go and collect a pair of boots that needed reheeling, I will wander the shopping street for lunchour and see if I can pick up another few bits. People are getting ticked off the list, but I still have a good number to get (more than 20!).

And I need to buy Christmas cards to get started on, and invitations to write my birthday invites this weekend.

PureMorning Mon 13-Oct-14 09:01:20

Went to the garden centre and they had everything out!
Trees,lights,decorations. Loved it.
Got myself some Christmassy candles and a few stocking bits and booked the toddler in for lunch with santa.

Everyone has been denied the Christmas Threads while it's been offline grin

Went to Lakeside today
Mega busy.
Still October <<rocks gently>>
Loads of Christmas stuff , didn't actually BUY anything festive though

StillWearingOddSocks Fri 10-Oct-14 21:44:56

Yea! grinSuper excited

BiddyPop Thu 09-Oct-14 10:25:14

Today, I am booking my birthday party, but in Christmas related events, I am going to M&S at lunch to get the food ordering book. DD read the Boots catalogue last night, she was not terribly impressed.

It is a very seasonal wet and miserable day here - so perfect for thinking of cosy log fires and mulled wine!!

BiddyPop Wed 08-Oct-14 11:21:12

We're into the 70s!! EEek!

I am going to M&S today, to see if I can blag the food brochure.

I got a set of Cuban pods for the nespresso for DH the other day - one of their specials (we were in Cuba when I was 12 weeks pg so special memories!).

I need to get DH's agreement to a specific lego set (possibly in addition to 1 DD pointed out), and may also get a City advent calendar (there's no point in getting the Friends one - too girlie for DD!). I'll still hang the pockets one that DM made for DD, which will have a choc figure put into it daily, and a "Christmas Prep" note - colouring sheets, treasure hunt in the house for small toy (maybe twice), info about a day out (maybe twice at most), and a few "tidy up your room day", "baking Christmas cookies day" notes too.

No other big progress recently as other stresses going on. But there is a vague glimmer of hope that we may not have anymore au pairs in the house by Christmas, so we will have a guest bedroom back again and I can just quietly enjoy my own home again!! grin Bliss!!

50shadesofknackered Tue 07-Oct-14 13:07:06

Hi everyone,
I havn't checked here for ages as September was crazy busy with 2 weddings and a birthday party! Thank goodness it's October so I can really concentrate on Christmas! I've booked Thomasland, which the kids loved last year. I've also started buying presents and have my Christmas organiser on the way as we speak. I'm also going to make my Christmas cakes in the next few weeks. Sooo excited!

xalyssx Tue 07-Oct-14 00:15:22

80 grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now