So.....................how many days now until Christmas 2014?

(853 Posts)

We need a new thread to continue the very successful countdowns of 2013 and 2012.

And before anyone does the hmm face (or fhmm face ) take a look at some of the 'Panic Threads' at the end of December when people were "Twitching" and stressing.

Organisation is key.

(I just need to find somewhere that'll work out how many days it is grin )

Ah but consider- 2 weeks ago was Christmas Eve................so only 50 weeks to go grin

I need to get a Grip/Life/Reality Check blush

351 now

Our local town centre STILL has Christmas decorations up.
Lights, baubles and ribbons in the trees
Massive baubles in the shopping mall

12th Night was Sunday? Monday?

<<Hell in a Handcart>> Wails

Jdub Thu 09-Jan-14 12:10:23

My youngest was asking when it will be Christmas again, so at least now I can be specific! Not soon enough I say!

ooh nice round number grin

50shadesofknackered Fri 10-Jan-14 00:11:24

I washed my snuggly Christmas bedding ( not ^Christmassy Christmas but flannel with reindeer and the Nordic grey that was on a thread here) intending to put it away and use my 600 TC cotton.

Nooooo flannel goes back on the bed, it's going to get cold.

nickdrakeslovechild Tue 14-Jan-14 22:28:13

Just spent a long weekend with some far distance family, exchanged christmas presents so still feeling festive.

I drive past a house some days who still have their outdoor lights and Santa up.
And last week they were still on shock
Today ,still up but not lit up.
(I did think maybe they'd rushed away and left the lights on a timer? )

Mellowandfruitful Wed 15-Jan-14 00:43:25

The room at my workplace where we had our Christmas do still has the decs up smile They're very high up so someone'll need a long ladder to take them down. I think they'll last till this December...

Still a few rogue Christmassy bits up in the town centre (I think if they don't light them they reckon we'll be fooled into thinking they've gone)

Noooooooo that doen't work for me wink

MrsClauswearsspanx Thu 16-Jan-14 17:44:29

My goal is to save up alllll my reward cards points (Boots, Tesco, Nectar, and Co-op) so that at least 50% of Christmas 2014 will be free. Think it's possible? ?

Yes, ab-so-bally-lutely grin

I save all my Nectar Points (and do the Double Points and Bonus Points ) for my Christmas Sainsbury shop

Tesco - DH uses in a Double Clubcard deal (usually something techy)

Boots- I got a bottle of naice perfume for DD with Boots Advantage Points.

Damnautocorrect Thu 16-Jan-14 18:56:47

I save a tenner a week for Christmas, as well as buy some bits as I go. We have
Cards
Tags
Bags
Few decoration bits

I miss my sparkly warm lights

Oooh Oooh 342

nearly forgot the update blush

GemmaTeller Fri 17-Jan-14 15:48:01

I've been looking for holidays for this christmas, DH and I really want to go somewhere nice instead of staying at home.

Can anyone recommend anywhere in the UK (for starters, as we don't really like flying)?

I'm saving £10 a week for pressies and £1 a week in a tin for twitching. I made the majority of last christmas's gifts and think I'll do the same this year (but start earlier)

caramelwaffle Sat 18-Jan-14 00:24:11

Oh, hello. Comfortable in here.

I'm going to declutter and then I will have a spare "Christmas present" box. I want all gifts to be bought, wrapped and boxed by August. Ambitious?

wrapped and boxed by August

I get the hmm looks from DH when I watch QVC Christmas in July (usually the 25th but last year they did 24/25th July)

99% of the time it's a bit meh but I do get some nice lights and things or some presents .
And it starts the ball rolling grin

Only trouble with being so organised so early is you need to remember what you bought and WHERE YOU PUT IT.
I'm still looking for the roll of cellophane that DH "put somewhere safe"
grin grin

nickdrakeslovechild Sun 19-Jan-14 21:41:11

I am up for the idea of having most presents bought by the end of August, (to be honest, I've already done a load for this year blush ) but I do like wrapping them up a bit nearer with Christmas music or film and a big glass of baileys or 2!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now