So.................. ...how many days now until Christmas 2014?

(748 Posts)

We need a new thread to continue the very successful countdowns of 2013 and 2012.

And before anyone does the hmm face (or fhmm face ) take a look at some of the 'Panic Threads' at the end of December when people were "Twitching" and stressing.

Organisation is key.

(I just need to find somewhere that'll work out how many days it is grin )

WanttogotoDisney Sun 15-Jun-14 15:48:56

I am almost all sorted: 12 tickets to see Disney on Ice on 28 December booked and paid for. No wrapping required. 6 kids plus parents will be very happy. Just need something extra for my own DC to unwrap and something for DH. I am not going mad this year for my DC. We have a huge family and they get from everyone else and it is too much. Last year's Disney princess dresses were a hit.

caramelwaffle Sun 15-Jun-14 18:56:03

193?

Not long now....

caramelwaffle Tue 17-Jun-14 05:46:02

BiddyPop Wed 18-Jun-14 16:20:34

I got a present in the ELC sale on Monday - a "Cleaning Cart" reduced from €55 to €16! It will be great for one of the DNieces (either the 2 or 4 year old) and still under the budget I'd set for them. I'm probably not mean enough to make it a sharing one between them, although it is big enough to.

caramelwaffle Wed 18-Jun-14 22:55:11

€16? A bargain.

into the 180s now grin

oopsadaisyme Fri 20-Jun-14 10:26:57

Not enough!!!

BiddyPop Fri 20-Jun-14 11:31:37

What's not enough Oopsadaisyme? The cart is not big enough or I am not mean enough? (I generally aim to spend roughly €20 on each DNiece and DNephew - but make sure it's something they'd like and if I get bargains in sales, I don't feel the need to bulk it out to reach the €20, but have gone over sometimes to make it a "good" present for an individual child, and I normally have a parcel for each child rather than sharing things).

Definitely a bargain though!

I was in a great Dept store yesterday, and saw DKNY handbags at a price that I was seriously tempted by. But just that bit over my basic budget for the adult ladies in my list. If I knew we were doing KK this year, I'd buy one. But as last year's KK went against me (I got a DBro), I gave the other lovely bag I'd got in sales to SIL (was my backup plan anyway) who loved it. Getting her another this year is not such a good idea. And too much to spend on 1 person if not doing KK (as instead of €5 each on 8 and 1 decent present, I'd be spending roughly €40 on all 9!! So going up to €62 for 1 of those blows the budget and sets expectations too high for others).

oopsadaisyme Fri 20-Jun-14 11:57:21

Not enough days!! I've got birthdays and everything to deal with yet!! grr......

BiddyPop Fri 20-Jun-14 12:10:38

OOps, silly me.

Yup, am feeling the pinch here too re time. More about presents needed in the next 3 weeks - am scared to count how many.

I need a new list.....

oopsadaisyme Fri 20-Jun-14 12:13:13

Biddy - Def for the lists! I need a 'list' book!! smile

Only 187 now oops - not wanting to panic you though grin

JonSnowsPout Mon 23-Jun-14 08:51:09

Lady I used to work with said she finished her Christmas shopping yesterday.
I'm nowhere near organised enough to manage that!

JonSnowsPout Tue 24-Jun-14 07:41:35

aylesburyduck Tue 24-Jun-14 17:11:21

I got told off for mentioning the c-word yesterday. I replied that as the nights are starting to draw in its definitely beginning to feel a lot like Christmas grin

nickdrakeslovechild Wed 25-Jun-14 09:37:10

Come on 70 you need to do this one today!

caramelwaffle Wed 25-Jun-14 09:42:56

The c-word ayles

Such a naughty, naughty word at this time of year grin

Finished Christmas shopping Jon?!

I was up in Laaarnden at a training day, improving myself wink

nickdrakeslovechild Wed 25-Jun-14 18:26:12

6 MONTHS 70 6 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caramelwaffle Wed 25-Jun-14 19:00:09

Aaaaaand We're at the half way point.....

Oh and it's my DD Birthday today grin grin grin

(Having a busy week at work 'n'stuff)

Happy Birthday Holly (DD - 12yo today)

And 6 months to go grin

blush for not twigging.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now