What did your 11/12 year olds really love this Christmas?

(43 Posts)
moldingsunbeams Wed 25-Dec-13 18:29:23

Going to be prepared for next year grin

Kipling bag
Earrings (she had hers pierced in July)
'Honey' perfume (Marc Jacobs)

Earlybird Wed 01-Jan-14 13:54:39

All seemed to be 'hits', though excited about some more than others:
phone and case (I'm the mean Mum who made her wait so long for a phone), small fabric purse/wallet with a long strap so it can be worn across the body or used with a wrist attachment, wool coat in lovely blue (something she wanted but didn't 'need' and is a trendy alternative to her everyday coat), marker maker kit, puzzle, books, bracelet, bathrobe/pajamas/slippers.

The strangest gift she received was from her godparents, but she loved it: a small box filled with coins from countries all over the world (there's one way to get rid of the spare change from decades of international travel!). She loved looking at/sorting through all the different shapes, sizes, colors, and countries.

ilovesmurfs Tue 31-Dec-13 23:38:15

Mimecraft model lot.

Lego.

Samsung Galaxy tab 3.

Den building kit from eden project.

Bear grills books.

Head torch.

arfishy Tue 31-Dec-13 23:35:09

Best present was the GoPro camera, closely followed by a skateboard.

Books - they are expensive here so Grandma sends them over. She got lots of Michael Morpurgo, the new Wimpy Kid and the Demon Dentist.

DD who's 11 loved
wreck it journal (has spent hours and hours on it and it's not even 1/4 done)
laptop (when sims was loaded)

17leftfeet Tue 31-Dec-13 23:31:21

My little pony rainbow dash & a unicorn that projects stars onto the ceiling

She's very ironic!

moldingsunbeams Tue 31-Dec-13 23:27:38

Ohh dd would love the survival kit!

spottymoo Tue 31-Dec-13 23:21:59

Dd loved her iphone
Jack wills & superdry clothes
Pandora leather bracelet
Hippo hottie was a big hit as well.

dementedma Tue 31-Dec-13 22:03:49

Bear Grylls survival kit and knife.
Nerf gun
Strange glass hand boiler gadget thingy from sis
Qi board game
Remote control helicopter

moldingsunbeams Tue 31-Dec-13 21:56:16

Funnily enough I went in the next sale for dd and there was nothing in there she would wear really, their pre teen range seems miles off this time.

ChestnutsroastingintheFireligh Tue 31-Dec-13 21:24:47

She also loved her swarowski bracelet & earrings.

ChestnutsroastingintheFireligh Tue 31-Dec-13 21:23:51

Dd loved her Raspberry Pi

She also liked her hair dryer, Ghost perfume, tickets to Ghost the Musical, Owl handbag & purse (& £20 gift card for the local shopping centre)

Misses were the Next vouchers (not really her style) & funny wooden puzzle cube. Also the kids mail varnish set (she loved her proper varnish though)

Surprise hit for dd was the Tangle Teezer.

curlew Tue 31-Dec-13 21:01:46

Bass guitar
Bluetooth wireless speaker (last minute impulse buy half price in Sainsbury's!)

Davros Tue 31-Dec-13 20:58:34

Hits - Cambridge satchel co satchel with Lindsay tartan panel (my maiden name, her middle name). Record player with random records from charity shops. Eos lip balm.
Miss - foot spa. She wanted one but it's very tame and a bit meh. I didn't get the best or most expensive as I think it would have been a take-it-or-leave-it gift

marialuisa Tue 31-Dec-13 20:38:45

Calligraphy set, Thomas sabo charm bracelet and Pandora earrings were all hits. Also liked Topshop big knickers and nail varnish that were in her stocking. No real misses which was good!

Nocomet Tue 31-Dec-13 17:58:55

DD2
Nexus 7
Adult subtle coloured Onsie with penguins
Stylised grown up penguin top
M&S adult vest and snow flake knickers
Penguin slipper socks
Penguins ordinary socks
Full size straightness (she curses her little ones and they won't do DD1(15) great mane. Doing each other's hair is one of their things)

For once I seem to have got the grown up/but still a nod to childhood favourites right. I haven't had a single moan about anything. She also got a scarf, hat and fleece blanket of other people she approved of.

Poppylovescheese Tue 31-Dec-13 17:47:39

Ipad mini

Swanhildapirouetting Sun 29-Dec-13 18:00:52

Dr Who Calendar was also a success for ds2.

Swanhildapirouetting Sun 29-Dec-13 17:59:43

Dd 11/12 loved her adult sized straighteners, Daisy perfume, lots of books (from godmother) stationery (envelopes and letterheads), a red reindeer jumper from Boden (although I gave that a few days earlier), sale converse (black/pink/snakeskin), eyeshadow, angel shaped candle, cheap bracelet, patterned tights

Misses were from godparents: manicure set, and a (sophisticated)make your own bracelet set - she HATED them

Ds2,11/12 loved camcorder, James Bond remote control car, small James Bond car, Dr Who Dvds, magic tricks. I suspect he would have been happy with more transport toys too, if I had provided them. He has mild ASD, so not very cool in his tastes. He also was delighted with a new hoody and shirt from Gap and some Lego sets and new development LOVED some Ted Baker bodywash and bodyspray soap of rope set, rushed into shower to use it, which is unheard of! Another odd thing he liked was the Hornby mug I put in his stocking as an afterthought (had it leftover from previous Xmas pile) and he doesn't even like Hornby. He just liked having his own personal mug!

I think my twins would have really enjoyed some large soft toys and some new dressing gowns/pjs, small decorative cushions for their beds, and posters but it is too late now...just thinking to myself that it wouldn't have gone amiss.

TheZeeTeam Sun 29-Dec-13 16:55:18

His drumkit (me, not so much) and his $5 Nerf pistol that came in his stocking.

iheartdusty Sun 29-Dec-13 16:50:51

DD said it was her "best Christmas ever" present-wise.

Top hits were a polaroid camera, ipod classic (her request), a box of Lush and Body Shop things, eyelash curlers, Wimpy Kid calendar, and a cushion.

kissmelittleass Sun 29-Dec-13 08:06:45

ds(11) loved his minecraft and diary wimpy kid books, nerf gun, xbox live, microsoft points,hightop trainers, hoodies and skinny jeans that he had pointed out and best of all he loved his onesie!

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 28-Dec-13 15:10:53

iPad mini
National Geographic book.

HappyMummyOfOne Sat 28-Dec-13 15:07:38

Year younger but DS loved his laptop and the new monopoly were amongst favourites but he loved it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now