Will no one rid me of this Furbulent Beast? Awful toys you can't switch off

(141 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

RooneyWanderingStara Wed 25-Dec-13 18:08:21

Or at least the children have TOLD me they can't be switched off. fhmm

The furbies in this house are fast heading for extradition to the shed. On what grounds I cannot be concise but I am working on it.

Also on my personal shitlist this meteorologically challenged Christmas:

The V tech Toot Toot vehicles. Heard the songs? Once was enough. They are LEAVING THE BUILDING (I'm sure it was MN's fault, they were on that recommended email at least once)

Please feel free to add Satan's contribution to your own festivities. fgrin

Russiangerman Wed 01-Jan-14 09:32:48

How do we get Furby to go evil? She is incessantly nice all the time, I want to see the dark side. grin

Orangeanddemons Mon 30-Dec-13 20:29:49

I've found the batteries run out very quickly on ours. It's due a third set.

I've never seen the appeal of them before but if there is parent entertainment value to be had, then I'll consider it grin

Ds's birthday is in March, I'll see if I still feel the same then.

2anddone Mon 30-Dec-13 11:58:56

I really want one!!!!! Can you use the furby boom without the app????

Permanentlyexhausted Sun 29-Dec-13 23:53:08

Rock it gently like a baby and it will soon go to sleep - put it down as soon as it starts snoring thouh or it will wake itself up again.

DD's has started talking like a bloke and is burping and farting - after which it says something along the lines of "Smell that beauty!" Disgusting creature. DS's is, thankfully, still cute. However, there is very little that is cute about having 2 furbies that won't shut up and 2 over-excited, over-tired, bickering children in the back of the car! If I'd had to drive more than a few miles I think I would have exploded.

I tried pulling its tail lots. It said "what are you doing, this has never happened before" and then got tears in its eyes.

I had to stop because I felt really mean sad

I can get it to go to sleep by pulling its tail for 10 seconds.

everlong Sun 29-Dec-13 19:07:14

Aw ours said to me today ' you're so lovely ' as I tickled him.
DH was appalled. It only ever farts when he talks to it grin

2kidsintow Sun 29-Dec-13 17:12:12

For those of you who use the app, what do you use it on?

It glitches massively on my HTC phone and DD's bog standard tablet won't talk to the furby successfully, no matter what we do.

Am considering getting myself a tablet with help of some Christmas vouchers. If I get one that DD can also use when playing with her furby, all the better.

lade Sun 29-Dec-13 16:10:59

Keep doing it Oranges, it's quite funny. Mine eventually got fed up and told me right off! "I said STOP it!".

Orangeanddemons Sun 29-Dec-13 15:43:08

Ours doesn't do anything like that. It just says "me no likee " when you pull its tail

lade Sun 29-Dec-13 02:17:23

I have to say I felt really guilty earlier when I was pulling his tail (trying to get him to go evil) when he looked at me in those big eyes and said "why are you doing this to me?" And then cried. I immediately apologised and gave it a hug.

God I need to get a life!

Galaxymum Sun 29-Dec-13 00:10:40

DH was tightening the screws on new Furby Boom tonight and it said "OOoooh stop it." Then when DH had it upside down Furby Boom announced "oooh I'm floating!" Completely cracked us up.

Skogkatter Sat 28-Dec-13 20:52:19

love my Furby. Okay, DS technically owns him, but my Furby loves me and goes to the toilet for me. It has conquered my broody feelings and the guinea pigs treat it like one of their own, all snuggled up together.

Orangeanddemons Sat 28-Dec-13 20:28:09

Dh is horrified. Dd loves it though,

<off to indulge toilet habit>

Orangeanddemons Sat 28-Dec-13 20:24:40

I am ashamed and embarrassed that I have hours of guilty fun making them poo.blush

I could spend hours doing this blush. Not bothered about feeding them, or washing them, but have endless hours of toilet funblush

BaaHumbug Sat 28-Dec-13 19:28:00

DD seems to have a narcoleptic Furby, it just keeps nodding off even when it's being jiggled around.

MrJollyLivesNextDoor Sat 28-Dec-13 19:20:08

DS's turned into the bloke furby earlier, complete with dodgy cockney accent not unlike Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins shock

It farted then said ''mmmmm smell that beauty'' grin

CarpeVinum Sat 28-Dec-13 19:12:13

The dogs keep trying to creep up on them but are petrified when they talk!

<cracks>

<hits Amazon Uk>

Which one(s) should I buy ?

ErrolTheDragon Sat 28-Dec-13 17:48:08

I've never succumbed to buying any non-switchoffable toy.... I'm just here to admire the thread title. 'Furbulent beast' should enter the language! grin

melika Sat 28-Dec-13 17:43:24

I had them first time around for my sons, on Christmas day my neices daughter had one and brought it around for us to see. My jaw dropped when she said she had the app too. How things have moved on... but they are still bloody annoying. I used to take the batteries out, job done.

takingthathometomomma Sat 28-Dec-13 14:49:42

I stuck DDs in the back of the cupboard after last Christmas. After a while, she forgot about it and so did I. We tried to turn it on a few months later and it seems that we've killed it. Result!

Hahaha im laughing like a hyena at this thread. We have two who just sit and chatter nonsense to each other. The dogs keep trying to creep up on them but are petrified when they talk!

CarpeVinum Sat 28-Dec-13 13:55:41

How do they fit all this stuff inside them ?

Are they Tadis like inside ?

And do you have to shove it back up again, or...feed the exiting stuff to them for future reexpulsion ?

MIL's Furby was never this exciting. Cute, scarily gremlin-esque at times, but...wow technology has moved on.

Orangeanddemons Sat 28-Dec-13 13:52:24

Omg! Ours has pooed a submarine. A submarine!

CarpeVinum Sat 28-Dec-13 13:49:06

after reading Luggage16 's post I have changed my mind.

I want a pair of Furbies. Not one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now