Will no one rid me of this Furbulent Beast? Awful toys you can't switch off

(141 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

RooneyWanderingStara Wed 25-Dec-13 18:08:21

Or at least the children have TOLD me they can't be switched off. fhmm

The furbies in this house are fast heading for extradition to the shed. On what grounds I cannot be concise but I am working on it.

Also on my personal shitlist this meteorologically challenged Christmas:

The V tech Toot Toot vehicles. Heard the songs? Once was enough. They are LEAVING THE BUILDING (I'm sure it was MN's fault, they were on that recommended email at least once)

Please feel free to add Satan's contribution to your own festivities. fgrin

3bunnies Wed 25-Dec-13 20:14:02

mental note to never give in to furby peer pressure but wonders if nephew might like toot toot garage next year fwink

RooneyWanderingStara Wed 25-Dec-13 20:17:54

Very pleased with these tips. Thankyou SO much.

I will relay them all to the children. I somehow doubt they will want to turn off the damned things though anytime soon, seeing as ds1 just showed me a picture on his app of a toilet containing what can only be assumed to be furby shite.

WTAF? He thinks it is excellent.

Luggage16 Wed 25-Dec-13 20:29:36

haha ours pooed out a puffer fish earlier! You can also make it vomit and feed it back to it!

ginmakesitallok Wed 25-Dec-13 20:35:16

Dp went to get himself a refill of wine, dd1 and I both screamed in unison " don't turn on the light, you'll wake the furby!!!!!!"

moldingsunbeams Wed 25-Dec-13 20:41:38

We have one that changed and is now stuck on a male just farting and burping argh

babyicebean Wed 25-Dec-13 20:48:35

We found that repeating an action had an effect on it, try rubbing its tummy for about five mins to see if that helps

moldingsunbeams Wed 25-Dec-13 20:55:09

will it kill it? [hopeful]

lovesmileandlaugh Wed 25-Dec-13 21:14:24

Crying with laughter at this post!! We have 2 in this house, and they are currently quiet. Bit scared they will wake up in the middle of the night!

candycoatedwaterdrops Wed 25-Dec-13 22:12:38

Do they wake up randomly in the night? <worries>

DD has taken mine hers to bed. I'm tempted to go get it once she is asleep grin

candycoatedwaterdrops Thu 26-Dec-13 10:03:37

You'll all be thrilled to know that little Kee-Koh slept through on her first night at chez Candycoatedwaterdrops. grin

Orangeanddemons Thu 26-Dec-13 10:07:13

I cannot get over the fact that they shit. A virtual shit in a virtual toilet....

Ours is asleep at the moment. Thank God

moldingsunbeams Thu 26-Dec-13 10:44:30

Tey boo or something like that slept too despite being in dds bed, seriously its like having a newborn in the house again tip toeing around the blasted thing..

colditz Thu 26-Dec-13 10:53:34

I picked ds2s furby up just now, and it said "who are you?" And started to cry.

He carries it everywhere and does whatever it wants. It's going to be a spoilt brat.

PenguinBear Thu 26-Dec-13 11:04:40

Whatever dd2's doesn't like he says 'I'm not feeling it' grin

I think dd2 is a little disappointed it's not got a cute baby voice like her friend's!

Kay boo slept through the night but is now burping and farting hmm

SugarHut Thu 26-Dec-13 12:19:07

This thread is killing me. "Ours slept through the night"... "Rub it's tummy?"... "Lay it down and it will snore"

Haven't genuinely LOLed at anything for a while.

Merry Christmas to the Furby afflicted smile

lovesmileandlaugh Thu 26-Dec-13 12:34:37

DD2 has gone a tad PFB with the Furby. And I have become the interfering Grandmother! <sigh>

enormouse Thu 26-Dec-13 12:50:47

Bloody hell, yes the toot toot cars.
I thought getting 6 of them for DS(2)'s birthday was bad enough. I felt myself come out in a cold sweat when dp said 'you know, I think mums bought more of those fucking cars for DS. And the garage as well'. I hoped that it wasn't the case. But it was.

Now we have the sodding track, garage and 3 more of them.

I've tried leaving them at almost-PILs and in cars but they always come back.

Wineandchoccy Thu 26-Dec-13 12:52:33

my hard of hearing 90 year old grandma kept saying 'what did you say' when nobody had said anything then we realised it was the bloody furby chattering away at the right frequency for her hearing aids grin

notquitenormal Thu 26-Dec-13 13:04:27

My mum bought Ds(5) a keyboard with no headphone socket!

And sent me a text on Christmas day saying, "ha ha ha!"

Cow grin grin

candycoatedwaterdrops Thu 26-Dec-13 13:37:17

I actually think Kee-Koh is a little bit constipated. She's done one big crap since being with us but since then, she's only done little ones. Maybe some senakot is needed?

OvO Thu 26-Dec-13 17:07:52

I swear to god mine just said, "Blow job okay." shock

everlong Thu 26-Dec-13 17:24:43

DH hates it. Big time.
It farts and burps and goes on and on. Last nit I sat there with it on my knee stroking it trying to help it to sleep can't see that lasting

Ds LOVES it.

everlong Thu 26-Dec-13 17:25:42

Night not nit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now