Argh! We are packing. No-one in this has has a bloody clue.

(15 Posts)
ITCouldBeWorse Wed 18-Dec-13 21:29:42

DH packs for business travel, finds 2 pairs of jeans and 3 t shirts

Dd1 finds 2 shirts a pair of leggings and a Xmas jumper. He xmas day outfit = t shirt and a pair of festive over the knee socks.

Dd2 hates everything, has no nice clothes to wear.(sulky mare)

Dd3 has grown approx 6 inches in height since the summer and fits in none of her clothes. This has sneaked up on me as she has worn school uniform or sports kit 6 days out of 7 since then

Is it so hard to understand that 'an outfit' requires undies and for most body parts to be covered?

Aaaaaaargh!

Rosa Wed 18-Dec-13 21:31:14

Where are you going?

ITCouldBeWorse Wed 18-Dec-13 21:44:15

Weeks hols in UK, so long trews probably desirable!

I know it is always possible to buy forgotten stuff, but spent all £ on the holiday!

lucysmam Wed 18-Dec-13 21:48:54

I am having a different sort of packing aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh moment so have sat down with wine !

We're moving at the weekend & no matter how much I put in boxes, there just seems to be stuff everywhere!

CallMeNancy Wed 18-Dec-13 21:52:09

Send them all out & do it yourself. Atleast you will have peace.

Either that or leave them to do it themselves and spend first 2 days of holiday going around either sainsburys or very expensive local surfing boutique looking for everything they have forgotten. been there, got the overpriced t shirt

Trapper Wed 18-Dec-13 21:53:49

Two toddlers and we are flying to the West Coast of the US tomorrow. Crap everywhere, washing everywhere, cases and bags everywhere. I may pour a glass of wine.

Trapper Wed 18-Dec-13 21:57:04

I've been waiting for the toddlers to pack for days. Neither if them have taken the initiative yet and we are running out if time.

lucysmam Wed 18-Dec-13 21:58:30

Trapper pour the wine ! Definitely

CallMeNancy Wed 18-Dec-13 21:59:05

Toddler packing fgrin

Favourite toy, half a puzzle, twelve of your heaviest books, one pair of pants, two odd socks and all the bath toys?

ITCouldBeWorse Wed 18-Dec-13 21:59:38

Oh trapper, you lucky lucky thing.

I really would buy stuff out there. It's all so cool.

I just want everyone to have enough pants. I don't want to do any more bloody shopping!

bunchoffives Wed 18-Dec-13 22:00:25

You're moving this weekend now before Christmas lucysmam ??

ITCouldBeWorse Wed 18-Dec-13 22:01:49

And I can't send them out. They have all grown so much I am having to get them to try everything on. Approx half their clothes are now in charity bag.

They don't even have the decency to gro pro rata. Dd 2 and 3 are now bigger than dd1 so hand me downs now obsolete!

lucysmam Wed 18-Dec-13 22:06:36

Yep, this weekend! We need to move anyway because of the state of the house (had to get council involved as LL wouldn't do anything with it). Not the best time admittedly but seem to have everyone on side this time & lots of helpers (plus a lot of the boxes will just go in the garage until after Christmas) so may as well.

Christmas is sorted and neatly boxed up apart from my online shop so I can put it where I want it all ready for next week.

bunchoffives Wed 18-Dec-13 22:33:04

Good luck then! Sounds like you're well organised anyway grin

Trapper Wed 18-Dec-13 22:58:34

Wine finished and on to the Baileys. Nappy bag is packed! Just....erm....everything else to go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now