Do you buy any Christmas presents for yourself?

(24 Posts)
Wenchelda Wed 18-Dec-13 20:38:26

Gusti Leather Genuine Handbag Cross Body Shoulder Bag Everyday Satchel City Party Weekend Festival Bag Vintage Brown M23
http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B007Y4KOOC

No idea if that link will work as on phone and never done it before. I've googled the website of the company that makes it and there's a similar one but not the same hmm

ELR Wed 18-Dec-13 20:27:36

What was the bag have you googled ect to make sure it's not on sale anywhere else?

Wenchelda Wed 18-Dec-13 20:03:37

NOOOOO! I'd just decided to order them both after you all convinced me its ok to treat myself and now the bag is sold out hmm It was the bag I loved more than the boots - I'm gutted!!

ELR Wed 18-Dec-13 19:45:01

I just treat myself around the Christmas season! I would never wrap anything I have bought.
Things I have treated myself to this December are:
New leather gloves
New umbrella
Cashmere cardi
Chanel mascara
Chanel nail varnish
Cashmere scarf
Superdry hoodie
A new dressing gown, all of these were just because I fancied them not because I needed them, I also bought DH three tops, a jumper, a shirt and some trainers so it didn't look like I was only treating myself!
And then also bought some new jeans, a dress and a couple of tops for myself but there were needed.

TheHOHOHOnlyPink Wed 18-Dec-13 19:10:56

Do not feel guilty, the money is spare, no doubt because of your bargain hunting and putting time and effort into searching for good gifts. It would only be indulgent if others were doing without or you spent money you didn't have to spend.

I buy my own Christmas gifts. My husband really wants me to have lovely things to open on Christmas morning, but is awful at shopping. He panics and gets sucked in by "gift sets" which i hate. He spends a fortune and I get nothing i want or use. All the money is in one pot anyway so i just buy things i want!

Damnautocorrect Wed 18-Dec-13 17:58:49

Yes, done a Christmas Eve bag for me (although mines primark boys fat face) As I didn't want ds to be confused or upset that I didn't.
I drew the line at a stocking for me though, not sure how I'll explain that one away.

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Wed 18-Dec-13 17:54:20

I do because I have no one else to buy presents for me - my family all just buy token gifts for adults. This year I've got an iPad Air.

Ex DH always used to buy himself presents and make us watch him unwrap them on Christmas Day! Twat!

Yes, but you are allowed to treat yourself to something lovely.

TripTrapTripTrapOverTheBridge Wed 18-Dec-13 17:51:35

Yes.Somebody has to!!!

This year I'm getting myself a salon skincare set,box of choccies and the Red Dwarf DVD box set.Then I shall promise myself to have at least one relaxing night a week with it,if it's possible with ds!

I'm also buying myself a charm bracelet from ds,but he's choosing the bits from my wishlist so I won't see it until the day smile

Yes. I bought myself some stuff because my mum sent me money (she's not well atm). I also bought a few stocking fillers when I was buying stuff for Dh & the kids. I've also ordered some tea bags to go in my stocking but Twinings appear to have lost my order (as in, it's not on their system even though the money has been paid via paypal) so hoping that I still get them in time hmm

HyvaPaiva Wed 18-Dec-13 17:48:47

OneandOnly Fragrance coffrets in the January sales, yes! I forgot that I always used to buy those. That's top of my list for the new year, thanks for the reminder!

I think your plan is good... a just incase purchase!!! Also everyone needs good boots!!!!!

sweetiepie1979 Wed 18-Dec-13 17:08:08

Yrs I have too dh forgets every year and either buys me something I'm Sainsbury at the last minute( lasty year a wooden spatula, he heard me say we needed a new one) and he's just phoned me to say he hasn't bought any presents and he was planning make me a
Cheese board could he stay late at work to carve it as it was his last chanve. I had to say no just come home I need help with dc newborn and toddler. So again nothing this year but thanks for the thought! So thank God I bought myself new face creams and a pair of boots!

Wenchelda Wed 18-Dec-13 16:54:01

I did ask DH for the bag for Christmas but I'm 99% certain he hasn't got it for me. I've just seen there's only one left in stock so I'm wondering whether to just order it for myself and if by some miracle he has got it for me as well, then I can just return the one I buy.

The boots weren't on my list at all but I just came across them and really like them!

If I get either/both of these, they will be in addition to whatever DH has got me... So a present to myself rather than me choosing whats DH gives me, that's why I'm thinking its too indulgent. (But then I always feel guilty about spending money on myself, even If it is essentially "spare" cash)

I fill everyone's stockings... including my own.
I managed to fit a pair of shes in it last year... and if Father Christmas wanted me to have them then who am I to argue?!?
Also if you don't wrap the bag/boots then they are just shopping!

TheOneAndOnlyAlpha Wed 18-Dec-13 16:12:40

Yes. I also really like going to boots after Christmas and buying all the lovely nail varnish and make up sets at half price. I always buy a gift set of my favourite purfume too as you usually get a shower gel or lotion plus the scent for half the regular price fgrin

MirandaWest Wed 18-Dec-13 16:08:33

Yes. I'm having a stocking and buying myself things for it smile

lostdomain Wed 18-Dec-13 16:08:20

Started to. DH loves to give me surprises, which is lovely and he often gets it right but when there's stuff I really really want, like certain music or beauty stuff, I get it myself. DFIL gives me a cheque each Christmas, so it's stuff from him but chosen by me in a way.

Boots and a bag from your spare change OP? That's pretty impressive budgeting.

WaitingForMe Wed 18-Dec-13 16:08:12

Not big stuff but I put gifts on the table (puzzles etc which we race each other to complete) and buy my own.

caramelwaffle Wed 18-Dec-13 16:04:24

Yes.

BobCrotchstitch Wed 18-Dec-13 16:02:07

Dammit, that was to the point fgrin
I buy all the presents. DH and I discuss what we would like and choose it personally. I then buy it and either wrap it or buy it and give it to DH to wrap at 10pm Christmas Eve
It suits us personally and while we don't have any surprises as such, we do have the shirt, hat, book etc that we really wanted rather than one that's a bit similar but not the same.

BobCrotchstitch Wed 18-Dec-13 15:59:30

Yes

AnythingNotEverything Wed 18-Dec-13 15:40:54

I save up my Advantage points to buy things in the boots sale that nobody realised we're perfect for me ... Not quite the same as an amazing bag though!

Wenchelda Wed 18-Dec-13 15:37:47

As title really - I've bought all the gifts I need to for other people and have money left in my Christmas budget. There's a couple of things I've seen (handbag and winter boots) that I absolutely don't need but love ... Wondering whether to buy them for myself using my spare Christmas money? Do people treat themselves at Christmas or is that far too indulgent?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now