ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Teachers present

(21 Posts)
50shadesofknackered Tue 17-Dec-13 17:41:36

Are Yankee candles an ok present to give? Dd wanted to give her teacher and teaching assistant a Christmas present so I've got them one each (the smaller ones, different smells) Thats a good enough gift isn't it or should I have down the chocolate route? Can I just say I love Yankee candles so I would be pleased with a gift like this.

MPB Tue 17-Dec-13 17:42:38

Wondering the very same.

50shadesofknackered Tue 17-Dec-13 17:48:38

Its tricky isn't it! I'd have thought they'd be drowning in chocolate but I don't want it to seem over the top.

woooooooobooo Tue 17-Dec-13 17:58:19

Oh yankee candles are a great idea. I'm stealing that! I've been struggling for days over what to get dtd's teacher. My dsis is a teacher and is inundated with chocolates and bubble bath. She loves getting the gifts and appreciates them but she's always on a diet and doesn't have a bath. She's happy with wine grin or her very favourite ever gift was a candle holder that a pupil made for her

whoneedstosleep Tue 17-Dec-13 17:58:57

We are giving a homemade salt dough christmas decoration that dd has painted and a charity candle. I think they will be grateful whatever you give.

Dancingqueen17 Tue 17-Dec-13 18:51:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BankerMommy2010 Tue 17-Dec-13 19:22:36

Ive got my sons teacher & ta a small yankee candle each (Christmas eve smell) I added a small bag of chocs too x

50shadesofknackered Tue 17-Dec-13 19:40:24

I'm pleased it's ok, I think they are a lovely present. Thanks everyone

rockybalboa Tue 17-Dec-13 19:44:16

I hate scented candles. My mum used to be a primary teacher and said consumables are the way forward. So I've binned off the idea I had of making decorations for teacher and TAs and have just gone with chocolates.

rockybalboa Tue 17-Dec-13 19:45:43

Ha, just realised I am the sole voice of dissent on this thread. Oh well...

stargirl1701 Tue 17-Dec-13 19:48:50

I'm a teacher. Please, no candles. In fact, no present. Just a lovely card made by your child with a message inside. I don't teach to receive gifts.

ChazzerChaser Tue 17-Dec-13 19:48:59

Chocs please as I get to eat my husband's

HenriettaTurkey Tue 17-Dec-13 19:49:53

Candle loving teacher here! Especially Yankee!

BankerMommy2010 Tue 17-Dec-13 19:50:03

Id much prefer candles. But then im a yankee fan and drive my hubby mad with them smile ive actually just thrown 3 tins of biscuits away today from last Christmas so god knows how teachers get on x

ShyGirlie Tue 17-Dec-13 20:11:51

Teacher here - coffee shop vouchers very well received!

stargirl1701 Tue 17-Dec-13 20:17:22

Yes, anything coffee related would be good! grin

BankerMommy2010 Tue 17-Dec-13 20:18:37

I hope my gift isnt resented in anyway? sad its just a token of thanks x

Quenna Tue 17-Dec-13 20:20:42

Used to work in a school...my best presents were nice Christmas decorations. Just one, that you remember that child each year when you put it on the tree. Doesn't have to be posh at all, homemade is great.

ShyGirlie Tue 17-Dec-13 20:38:20

No gift will be resented!! I am very grateful for any gift received, no matter how small. I do not "expect" any gifts at all - I know times are hard for many people!

I just mentioned coffee voucher as are pretty cheap - can be just for £5. I have started to buy these as tokens of appreciation for people at various points in the year, as they are almost as cheap as a card can often be, and are sure to be used - coffee, tea, smoothie, lunch, cake all available in most coffee places! Hope this helps someone

TyneTeas Tue 17-Dec-13 20:53:19

Any ideas for male teachers?

Not left it to the last minute, no not at all

TheGonnagle Tue 17-Dec-13 20:59:48

We have made gingerbread biscuits for dd's teachers this year. I policed them carefully so there are no 'extras' in them- she really enjoyed decorating them this afternoon. They're in a little box with a salt dough gift tag. Can you tell we've had too much time on our hands at home this week?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now