Christmas Starter

(22 Posts)
BankerMommy2010 Tue 17-Dec-13 19:13:54

Never had a starter on Christmas day... it would put me off my Christmas dinner....I might do a few canapés. ..any ideas x

ISawNannyPlumKissingSantaClaus Tue 17-Dec-13 14:18:49

Oh I have a bacon, sausage an egg sandwich..... On naice bread fblush breakfast / starter. (v sophisticated)

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Tue 17-Dec-13 09:15:01

smoked salmon, bread asparagus.
am thinking hestons christmas pudding ice cream this year rather than something heavier.

ExcuseTypos Tue 17-Dec-13 09:02:32

And my Dh is in charge of them.

We have some very weird and wonderful combinations as he likes to be "experimental"fgrin

ExcuseTypos Tue 17-Dec-13 09:00:51

We do canapés and champagne too.

We have them about an hour or so before lunch so we have more room for the main event.

Nix01 Tue 17-Dec-13 08:54:03

Baked Camembert and cranberry sauce

thenicknameiwantedisgone Tue 17-Dec-13 07:42:12

If you're going to waitrose. Quails eggs are a lot cheaper in waitrose than Tesco. £2.35 for 12 in waitrose and £2.50 for 6 in Tesco!!

thenicknameiwantedisgone Tue 17-Dec-13 07:41:11

Quails eggs with mustard mayo here. That was the dc's choice.

We don't like anything too big as it'll put us off the main and we'll probably have been nibbling for much of the day anyway.

TurnOffTheTv Tue 17-Dec-13 07:38:12

We have a toddler this year so it's a nightmare to sit down for three courses, we are having champagne and canapés instead. I'm doing seven different ones, mix of fish/veggie/meat

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Tue 17-Dec-13 07:35:29

I have to take baby ds2 for his hearing test today. Past the giant waitrose. They sell looovely goats cheese in there.

And it's also next to JL where I have a voucher for coffee and cake...........

It's almost as if it was fate fgrin

DumSpiroSperHoHoHo Tue 17-Dec-13 07:32:22

We usually have smoked salmon parcels filled with a mixture of cream cheese, prawns, finely chopped apple and celery.

MortifiedAnyFuckerAdams Tue 17-Dec-13 07:20:41

And you can do arty type squiggles on the plate eith the balsamic glaze making it look dead posh like

MortifiedAnyFuckerAdams Tue 17-Dec-13 07:19:48

Honestly, its so so.nice grin make it today.

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Tue 17-Dec-13 07:17:34

I wonder if I can make it and eat it while DH is out, and not have to share the tester grin
Although he will make a hmm face at me even testing it because he will know I just wanted to eat the goats cheese

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Tue 17-Dec-13 07:16:01

Ooooohhhhhh that sounds yummy.

Of course I'd have to test it out this week...... Wouldn't want it to go wrong on the day fgrin

MortifiedAnyFuckerAdams Tue 17-Dec-13 07:10:32

What about goats cheese bruschetta? Goats cheese and caramelised onions on crusty bread, squeeze of balsamic glaze and a rocket/tomato salad

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Tue 17-Dec-13 07:04:55

It's still going to be pâté, isn't it fgrin obviously not very inventive

No starter as such here but some nibbles with champagne. I did blinis with smoked salmon and cream cheese last year. Have an assortment of things from Waitrose this year.

MortifiedAnyFuckerAdams Tue 17-Dec-13 06:41:56

Sorry, pate eaters here too. With melba toasts, chutney and salad.

msmiggins Tue 17-Dec-13 06:38:34

No starter here- wouldn't leave me room for pudding! I live to dive into the main event. I like cheese after dessert.

StuntNun Tue 17-Dec-13 06:28:51

Smoked salmon and smoked trout on wheaten bread with lemon slices, and king prawns in a lemon dressing.

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Tue 17-Dec-13 06:27:27

What are you all having as a starter on Christmas Day?
Last year we had pâté and soft cheeses. Would like something different this year but no idea what!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now