Which chocolates are a Christmas must have?

(66 Posts)
MummyPig24 Sun 15-Dec-13 08:45:50

We have already eaten a tin of roses blush and the kids have a selection box in their sack.

But which chocolates do you absolutely always have to have at Christmas time? I am hoping someone gets us a tub of heroes smile

tombakerscarf Sun 15-Dec-13 21:40:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lookout Sun 15-Dec-13 21:42:59

I am so pleased I'm not the only who's gone off Quality Street, they have changed them, haven't they? The violet and rose creams sounds amazing.

Beastofburden Sun 15-Dec-13 21:44:13

It may be retro but actually the daddy of all chocolate brasils is Paynes. Haven't had them for years though.

Foil wrapped coins. In a stocking.

And Marc de Champagne Truffles - the pink ones

Clandy Sun 15-Dec-13 23:37:33

Does nobody eat chocolate covered Turkish delight anymore?? I really fancy some. Cadburys did one but it wasn't fab. This is what I want this Christmas.

Obviously quality street, toblerone, after eights and a chocolate orange are compulsory!

TheRaniOfYawn Mon 16-Dec-13 02:38:41

Chocolate reindeer, Santa and coins in stocking

Bendicks bittermints

Aldi matchmakers

Lindor

Mark de champagne truffled

Home-made peppermint bark with ganache filling.

callmekitten Mon 16-Dec-13 03:06:04

Chocolate orange
Chocolate coins
We also have a candy maker in town and we get a selection of favorites from them-truffles, nougats, toffee, chocolate covered nuts

tshirtsuntan Mon 16-Dec-13 14:05:13

bunty I hope he gets it, what does an ambassador actually do? grin you should stock up ready, tesco have endless different permutations of the nutty balls at the moment wink

ZeViteVitchofCwismas Mon 16-Dec-13 15:56:52

Have they really, reaLLY changed quality S?

How?

Beastofburden Mon 16-Dec-13 16:03:34

They look the same. Except the box is a crappy plastic one and not the sound metal tin that then pops up, slightly rusty, with cake in it for years (nostalgic).

But they have done something to the chocolate. And the brasil nuts are a weedy shadow of their former self. Some pathetic sliver of nut sweepings instead of a proper big nut. And the green triangles are no longer right.

Damnautocorrect Mon 16-Dec-13 16:14:33

Yes yes to the quality street change, made my teeth hurt as there's too much sugar

Greentriangle82 Mon 16-Dec-13 21:51:55

Asda's own truffles £1 a box are lovely.
Roses, match makers, after eights

raisah Tue 17-Dec-13 05:30:30

MrsBennetsEldest - you can buy Anthon Berg chocolates from Amazon.
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002YHU8L8

Try Waitrose aswell.

MrsBennetsEldest Tue 17-Dec-13 08:02:40

Thanks raisah, I have seen the small boxes but it's the giant ones I miss. I know, we are pigs.grin

clandy Thorntons do lovely chocolate covered Turkish delight, a large box for £6.99 or smaller bars for £1, love it!

Hessy Tue 17-Dec-13 20:35:55

Has anyone said Florentines yet?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now