(64 Posts)
HanneHolm Mon 09-Dec-13 14:46:44

she - has loads of accessories already
Likes books ( but has kindle)
i dont want to give a spa thing
likes Boden, history, food.
OH GOD i am hopeless

AnnBryce Thu 12-Dec-13 09:28:16

Nice stationery, like something leather from Smythson?

sonu678 Thu 12-Dec-13 09:26:03

make up. I would love a new mac gel eye liner for example.
skin care. Get her a bottle of whatever she uses.
a good bra. unless she is a AAA which at 45 she is unlikely to be, they are always of some use, and as her sister, finding her size out shouldnt be too difficult
straighteners, assuming she hasnt got any, or has broken hers
a mirror with some sort of special something attached to it, like a handmade frame or something.
wine
more wine
a puzzle
the list is endless really . Its men that are harder to sort out

Floralnomad Thu 12-Dec-13 09:21:39

Just get her the rake ,either she'll love it ( like me) or think you've gone totally barmy !

HanneHolm Thu 12-Dec-13 06:48:42

Sorry. On phone

HanneHolm Thu 12-Dec-13 06:48:23

Lol "impersonal"

HanneHolm Thu 12-Dec-13 06:48:12

Vouchers seem so jumpers knack but might be the way to go

HanneHolm Thu 12-Dec-13 06:47:46

She says she has loads of accessories. Like the bedsichs idea but think shed never hand wash

Trills Wed 11-Dec-13 21:11:11

I also always love new earrings.

Laska42 Wed 11-Dec-13 21:10:53

Id also love some White Company cashmere bed socks (have hinted loudly..)

Trills Wed 11-Dec-13 21:10:35

My brain is about 45.

Theatre vouchers?

CreamyCooler Wed 11-Dec-13 21:05:36

A voucher for afternoon tea at a local hotel or some Orla Kiely kitchen stuff.

Bluestocking Wed 11-Dec-13 20:24:17

I'm a little older than your sister but like her I don't use make-up, can't stand smelly candles, love reading and history. I would love a pot of Eve Lom cleanser with its special magic muslin cloth. 100ml would do but 200ml would make you the best sister in the world!

legoplayingmumsunite Wed 11-Dec-13 20:12:57

What's your budget? How about a year's subscription to EH or NT? Or a local museum? Books would always be welcome here, does she have an Amazon wishlist? If she likes food is there some gadgetty thing for the kitchen she'd like? Or a cookbook? Or a hamper of nice foods? Does she like wine, how about membership of the wine society?

Makinglists Wed 11-Dec-13 20:04:08

I'm 44 - BBC History magazine subscription. I have a zillion earrings but I always love a new pair.

Laska42 Wed 11-Dec-13 20:00:27

I bought myself this pink warehouse scarf in the summer for my Christmas present to myself put away in its original wrapping and I will wrap it up so I get one thing I wanted on the day) hmm smile

but this Warehouse one is nice also and reduced (I may order it too!

Notawordfromtheladybird Wed 11-Dec-13 18:27:30

a luxurious hand cream. Even if she doesn't know she needs it, once she starts using it, it will be a eureka moment. I never realised how dry my hands got till i started to use hand cream and could see the difference.

HanneHolm Wed 11-Dec-13 16:44:26

she doesnt use make up, I dont think, I got her some last year and she never fed back.
kindle things she has.
Candles - she never reports back on them either
has oodles of pjs
ITS SO HARD

thanks all though

noddyholder Wed 11-Dec-13 13:06:10
hoboken Wed 11-Dec-13 12:15:07

Membership of the National Trust?
Subscription to National Geographic or History Today?
I think that Virgin does gastronomic experiences

HappyAsEyeAm Wed 11-Dec-13 12:08:39

Whatever she would normally use, upgraded.

So if she likes candles, what about a Jo Malone, or RHS candle (these are lovely, and much cheaper than Jo Malone if you're on a budget)

And if she likes bath or shower products, what about some Molton Brown products (they do 12 x 50ml bath and shower gel, or 6 x 50ml shower gel and 6 x 50 ml body lotion in a box. each box is £38, but they were 25% off a couple of weeks ago). Clinique body scrub and body lotion is lovely too.

Urban Decay Naked or Naked 2 eye shadow pallettes are fab. They are around £30 each.

John Lewis are doing gorgeous Alice tempeley (I think it is) leather gloves for £60 or so. They are lovely, and I am coveting them but have no hope whatsoever of having them

SolidGold Wed 11-Dec-13 11:40:22

A hamper from M&S, a subscription to Good Food mag, a cover for her kindle (but check which one she has, so you get the right size), a subscription for a bunch of flowers once a month or some cupcakes every month, a subscription to Hotel Chocolate tasting club, a Flavourly box subscription, a Lakeland hamper ... A gift box from Lush? I'm late 40s and love food and reading and would love all these smile

princesscupcakemummyb Wed 11-Dec-13 10:24:18

food gift basket?

vouchers to a nice place to dine?

make up gift hamper dressed up all pretty

AnnBryce Wed 11-Dec-13 09:27:24

Emma Hardie cleansing balm (came top in The Beauty Bible) & Clinique Aromatics Elixir body crème, this is such a Christmassy smell to me!

kissmelittleass Wed 11-Dec-13 09:23:07

Right I like benefit gift make up sets, mac make ups, fleecey pj bottoms, chanel perfume, soap and glory products (there gift set is on offer from friday in boots for £27) fluffy boot slippers, nice fancy socks, set of good nail varnishes..hth

HanneHolm Wed 11-Dec-13 06:19:13

Right. Spoke to near rest and dearest. The suggestion was a scarf that's more trendy. I know. Not knotted or furry. That goes with blue or brown. I'm thinking becksondergaard. Looked at the asos reduced ones but none right

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now