Damned Tesco and their lack of Hudls

(18 Posts)

So both my sons want a hudl each for Christmas. They requested a specific colour and I managed to get one Blue one weeks ago as part of the clubcard deal. Was waiting for more of the red one to come in buy they have not only not been back in stock but all the other bloody colours are now out of stock too and I can't get a second one for love nor money.

So what should i do? Customer services don't seem to have the foggiest when or even IF they might get more in before Xmas. Do I try and return the one I have and just get them both an alternative tablet? Or hang on in the vain hope that I manage to get another one before Xmas, with the possibility that none come in and one child is disappointed on Xmas day.

I know it's a first world problem and all that but I'm really annoyed.

GoAndDoSomeWork Mon 09-Dec-13 09:52:21

You could make a carboard cut out of both red and blue ones with token attached to them promising one as soon as they are available and hiding the one you've bought ... probably be loads in stock the week after Christmas!

BeaWheesht Mon 09-Dec-13 10:00:41

I'd buy 2 alternative tablets presuming the boys are still fairly young?

GoAndDo: not sure I could do that to them - they knew that this year they'd be getting a hudl and only one or two other little presents each as that was their main present. Maybe let them share one on Xmas day with a letter saying the other one fell off the sleigh? grin

I dunno..... Think I will wait a week and see what happens. Possibly change the one I have and get 2 alternatives. He nearest one spec wise is a nexus 7 but they're nearly double the price so I really don't want to go down that road.

My closest Tesco Extra have a waiting list and then call you when they have a delivery. We got called at the weekend and they kindly held them for us for a few hours until we could get there to collect. Might be worth going to your closest one and see if they are able to do the same?

5Foot5 Mon 09-Dec-13 15:03:23

MrsAlwaysRight So there actually are some more around now? Maybe we will try again before looking for an alternative.

As far as I know they are still getting deliveries into Tesco Extra stores but they won't be re stocking them on the website for online orders. HTH

Well my tesco extra said it hadn't had any into store for 2 weeks, however some people who'd ordered online had collected theirs recently. She said that they do become available online and then are gone within minutes - I guess that's why it hasn't even got to the stage of sending me an email stock alert.

They didn't offer to put me on a waiting list but have given me the number to phone direct.

It's a right faff. Tempted to just get a Samsung galaxy tab but it's 60 quid more with slightly worse camera ( slightly larger screen though). After some clever questioning of the kids about Santa possibly not beig able to supply more than one they both said they would be happy with different ones.

So I think I'll hang on a bit longer then go for a different one for the second one. I don't know who the idiots are who are bidding for them on eBay for up to 140 quid! Why not just to go a proper shop and buy a different one - it might cost slightly more but at least you've got comeback if anything goes wrong.

In fact, all you horrible people who have bought Hudls with clubcard vouchers with the intention of trying to fleece desperate people on eBay by flogging them at inflated prices - I hope you have a very shitty Christmas and are left out of pocket.

Have you looked at Argos for alternatives? They have HP and Asus tablets for a similar price. Not sure of the difference in spec but if the DS's are quite young would they know?

ofcoursethisisanamechange Mon 09-Dec-13 16:30:56

they do have some- ordered a red one on Friday AM- just need to check online every day...

Ofcourse: that's interesting. What time of day did you check?

Miley: do those run Android?

Theimpossiblegirl Mon 09-Dec-13 21:57:13

Ebay the blue one and get 2 from elsewhere?

ofcoursethisisanamechange Tue 10-Dec-13 12:17:10

am checking as early as possible- started checking on tuesday or wednesday- by Friday had one

LifeofPo Tue 10-Dec-13 12:22:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gamerchick Tue 10-Dec-13 12:29:15

I gave up and am going for one just after Christmas instead. Although it's a surprise present so doesn't matter much.

Good luck with getting one but really don't stress if you can't. I know there's a pressure of getting everything for the day itself.

Can you keep the one you've got back and give them both at the same time?

Theimpossiblegirl Sun 15-Dec-13 22:52:08

It's worth trying again, they seemed to have several in my local store this weekend.

BlueSkySunnyDay Sun 15-Dec-13 23:05:57

"In fact, all you horrible people who have bought Hudls with clubcard vouchers with the intention of trying to fleece desperate people on eBay by flogging them at inflated prices - I hope you have a very shitty Christmas and are left out of pocket."

Funny you should say that I do feel your pain - I have been trying to get 1stly a Lego batcave and then as an alternative the Lego winter village market only to find they are sold out from Argos/Toys R Us/Lego online but are available at an inflated price on Amazon and Ebay.

Im not playing that game DS will get something else and I said to H today "Amazon have seriously overestimated how much I want the convenience of shopping online" Due to them hiking pretty much all their prices in the last few weeks for the first time in years I actually went christmas shopping today. Smyths toyshop was brilliant had pretty much everything I wanted...including the batcave...if I were a money grabbing pile of shit entrepeneur id have bought one to ebay

MartyrStewart Sun 15-Dec-13 23:09:16

They are showing as in stock online? It just let me add one to my basket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now