What's going to take longest to build Playmobil Pirate Ship or Pirate Island?

(36 Posts)
Kinect Fri 06-Dec-13 19:50:28

About to start Xmas Wrapping, need to know which not to wrap, as it'll be already built, ready & waiting on Xmas day.

Website gives both average of 45 minutes.

Pirate ship took me a while because you have to screw some bits together and lots of ropes to attach. Check the lengths of the ropes. You don't need to cut the ropes as I did smile

tiredoftrains Fri 06-Dec-13 19:57:55

I did the pirate ship today, took just over an hour and I thought that was pretty good going. 5 pieces left at the end though... Oh well, they don't look too important!

We have at least five pieces that have been taken off and I don't know how to reattach...

We had to do the lion knights castle recently. It was a long process.

Frozenatchristmas Fri 06-Dec-13 20:26:01

How long pickled? We have this for DS for chrsitmas.

LIZS Fri 06-Dec-13 20:29:21

Ship

1 hour 45 but that was with two of us <and DP is quite good at such things>

It's totally worth it. He loves it. (DS, not DP)

Kinect Fri 06-Dec-13 21:01:53

1 hour 45

eyes on stalks

Pirate ship. Took ages to get all the string bits right.

TheDayOfMyDoctor Sat 07-Dec-13 18:08:07

Took ages to build the pirate ship. Not sure if it's changed now, but there was a big white piece that looks just like packaging to me--that sits in the ships hull. However, it looks nothing like the piece --I thought that is supposed to fit in the hull according to instructions, so that had me scratching my head for a while.

TheDayOfMyDoctor Sat 07-Dec-13 18:09:03

Oops, strike out mega fail. You'll get the gist I hope blush

Kinect Sat 07-Dec-13 20:14:34

Thanks for all your input. thanks

I'm taking notes on how to put the thing together, from your comments , so the more hints the better fwink

tiredoftrains what were the 5 pieces left? Just out of interest.

I think I'm going with the ship. It'll instantly have 'Wow' factor & clearly identifies the theme of the other presents. The island doesn't look as fiddly to put together. I think the ship will be more playable on its own. The island box is bigger, so it'll look more impressive. fgrin

TheDayOfMyDoctor Sat 07-Dec-13 20:24:41

Do keep the instructions handy - I've had to refer to them more than once to reattach bits. And yes, can totally be played with on it's own while you sort out building other bits.

Kinect Sat 07-Dec-13 20:27:49

I have a box with the playmobil instructions filed by theme, with little clear pencil cases with the smaller pieces sorted by them fwink

You can also download the pdf's from the playmobil website, which work brilliantly in iBooks.

losersaywhat Sat 07-Dec-13 20:30:58

Aaarrrggghhh -runs away crying after getting flashbacks of building the pirate ship at 2am on christmas morning last year. He doesn't even play with the bloody thing. Grrr

TheDayOfMyDoctor Sat 07-Dec-13 20:42:19

Ooh, I have a folder Kinect, but having them on iBooks would be fab. How do you get PDFs into iBooks?

(Apologies for detracting from OP)

Kinect Sat 07-Dec-13 21:23:38

Happy to talk Playmobil fgrin

On the bottom of the UK Playmobil website, there is an option' building instructions'. Type in the model number.

pirate ship search

pirate ship PDF

If you look it up on an iPad etc, once it's open you tap at the top & you get the choose of opening in iBooks. If you open on a puter I assume you export pdf or similar and then open the file in iBooks.

Kinect Sat 07-Dec-13 21:24:35

Sorry to bring back those memories losersaywhat fsad

Kinect Sat 07-Dec-13 21:37:44

oops. first link not working, think it's because it's a pop up type window.

TheDayOfMyDoctor Sat 07-Dec-13 21:49:51

Thanks Kinect!

Kinect Sat 07-Dec-13 22:56:53

Decided to download all the ones we need for Xmas & realised there's a link on the product page, on the online shop. Under price, add to cart & add to wish list.

TheDayOfMyDoctor Sat 07-Dec-13 23:00:05

Can do the same for lego too! Have been sat here downloading lots of them grin

VworpVworp Sat 07-Dec-13 23:08:46

I found I was quicker at the ship rather than the island... which took a g e s with all the fiddly plants etc. I can do both much more quickly now I've had to rebuild them 15 times.

The police station was a killer!

mumeeee Sun 08-Dec-13 22:53:02

Just wondering why do people build playmobile and Lego before they give them to their children? When our DDs were young they loved building these things with DH on Christmas day and would have been very disappointed if they had already been done for them.

VworpVworp Mon 09-Dec-13 00:02:09

Because we learned our lesson when we gave our 4yo the pyramid for Christmas, didn't pre-build, and then spent 3 hours on Christmas morning, with a desperate to play with her new toy 4yo, and a marauding pyramid-wrecking 15mo! grin

Lego- we don't build, that is the pleasure of the recipient, of course.
Playmobil, we always pre-build now, big sets at least.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now