What's your elf up to today?

(43 Posts)
MotherGirth Sun 01-Dec-13 08:40:39

Ours is waiting out in the porch to be discovered, having been delivered overnight. We'll watch An Elf's Story again and name him, then tonight he might try to climb onto DD's advent calendar, only to be caught in the act of pinching number 2 in the morning smile. Wonder how long before this becomes a pain?!

MulledWineGless Sun 01-Dec-13 22:56:08

Freddie aka Elf arrived this morning and is now on the bathroom sink with shaving gel everywhere.
I'm finding this even more hilarious as I'm
On earlies tomorrow so DH will have to clean the sink!
He is despairing of me tbh. I told him to come up with some ideas himself

MissLurkalot Sun 01-Dec-13 23:44:39

My nearly 9 yr old dd was so happy to see her elf, bought from ikea, called Petal.
She wrote her a letter to say thankyou for the advent calendars... And asked for her to show her 'real' magic .. So I found a little card and disguised my writing saying 'thank you for believing in me' and left a little bag of magic fairy dust.
I'm unbelievably delighted she believes still.. x

2anddone Sun 01-Dec-13 23:57:31

Jolly returned today bearing Lego and playmobil advent calendars. Dc were very excited as I had told them I wasn't buying expensive calendars this year. Jolly is now sitting on top of my Christmas ornament holder as it is currently empty dc will have a fit as its the one decoration they are not allowed to touch wink

littleoaktree Mon 02-Dec-13 00:07:00

Elf arrived in the fireplace this morning, ds1 (4.7) was so excited and made up his own story of how the elf had stolen the sleigh to fly here grin, he remembered him from last year which I was surprised by. He's taken him everywhere today. Ds2 (19mths) is as expected uninterested.

Tonight he's strewn ds1's games kit over the floor and gone to sleep wrapped in the fleece in his games bag.

I didn't get the official elf as thought he looked a bit creepy and don't do the proper story as wasn't sure about the spying/not touching.

enjolraslove Mon 02-Dec-13 08:05:00

Colin (dd's choice!) arrived yesterday complete with blankets, Arthur christmas and some choc. He was with us all day as we had quite a Christmassy day and is now sitting on a shelf with a mini white board and a message to say thanks for a nice day and hi from Santa. Arthur christmas was a pleasant surprise - we all really enjoyed it!

I'm collecting ideas at the moment, we'll do this next year as dc too young this year to understand.

The Imagination Tree is publishing what their elves get up to each day - on Facebook and their blog

theimaginationtree.com/2013/11/alternative-elf-on-shelf-tradition-kindness-elf.html

Crutchlow35 Mon 02-Dec-13 13:34:49

Adam arrived yesterday with a gift to open (bath toy) and lego advent calendar with a letter which I do myself as we don't follow the original story - DS really freaked at the thought of being watched.

Anyway, Adam is now lying in the middle of the livingroom floor with several other toys having had a party last night. Thing is that was OK this morning but I don't know what to do when we get back from work/school until DS goes to bed! I might do a quick letter from Santa to say Adam couldn't get back up to the shelf so could I move him. God this gets difficult!

We have 3 elves (one each!) and they arrived a day late so they had an 'accident' on the way so turned up with a sling/scar/plaster cast each.

It's alright though Santa has sent a letter to say they need extra care as they've been in the wars.

DS2 is a bit suspicious of them, ds1 and 3 love them, I'm planning on rigging up a harness for them to 'mountain climb' the stairs tonight.

(Ours are IKEA ones too, I made them different with a few minutes sewing, some buttons/bells and fabric, grin)

Taffeta Mon 02-Dec-13 14:54:32

Titsalina, your accident prone elves have given me a brilliant idea! Our elf had an arm that is hanging by a thread. I think I might sling it up tonight, and then maybe he can get a visit from his cousins - the shoemakers elves - the following night, and get stitched up.

Any ideas as to how I can illustrate this for DD with the elf? She ADORES the Elves and the Shoemaker, it's her favourite story.

Huffpot Mon 02-Dec-13 15:08:59

Our elf arrived in the fireplace today with the advent calendars and a nativity story for DS' s while they were at nursery this morning.
They were thrilled to see him. We got him from Ruby Range and he gets up to terrible mischief of a night.
Not sure what he'll get up to tonight yet...

cravingcake Mon 02-Dec-13 17:20:22

taffeta you could leave the book open on an appropriate page and sprinkle glitter around it, like your elf gave them magic to come to life.

Taffeta Mon 02-Dec-13 18:31:57

Oooooi that's fab! Thank you! thanks

JillJ72 Mon 02-Dec-13 20:09:01

We have Rudi, Rudolph's naughty cousin. He's a reindeer hand puppet.

Yesterday DS found "Hunt for Rudi" signs and then a note of introduction. He eventually found Rudi in the fridge. Overnight Rudi was naughty - he drew reindeer faces on the mirrors in the hall, bathroom and loo.

By day Rudi lives on the side table so he can rest before his next escapade...

Tonight Rudi will be getting himself reindeer breakfast and making a bit of a mess of it all.....

DS is 12. He's playing along fgrin

mummratheevertired Mon 02-Dec-13 20:19:49

DS is only 2.3 so doesnt really get it but thought we'd get him an elf as it'll be fun to do things overnight.

We have a girl elf and boy elf; for his baby sister too. He enjoyed having his advent calander but when he woke up this morning and found that the elves had made a tower out duplo he burst into tears. Bless. Will give it one more go tonight but may have to ask the elves to give up this year!

DrinkFromSantasFountain Tue 03-Dec-13 10:58:06

Ds came downstairs this morning to find the elf had arrived, he was sliding down the bannister, I told ds an abridged version of the story and then he saw what the elf had done, the elf brought the decorations and put them all up.
I think he would've been more excited if he hadn't been up all night vomiting.
Going to have a sad quiet day and attempt something extravagant overnight with it.

Guitargirl Tue 03-Dec-13 11:36:13

Last night our Elf decorated the doll's house with tiny Christmas decorations (from ebay) - DD was enchanted, DS a bit confused...

Lucylouby Tue 03-Dec-13 14:46:55

Our elf is going to arrive tonight, ready to be found in the morning. I'm thinking he might have been dropped down the chimney and be found on the wrong side of the fire guard trying to escape, having made a mess with the ash in the if pit. Does that sound ok? I'm wondering if there should be a note to explain, but we don't have a printer and I think 7year old dc would recognise my writing. I should have been more organised and got a friend to do it for me. I can probably blag it, I have quite a good imagination at making up stories for the children to believe in.

snowgirl1 Tue 03-Dec-13 15:57:25

Our elf has climbed into DDs cot and tucked himself in under a Christmas fleece that he's brought her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now