The 'oh bollocks, where have I put it??' thread...

(42 Posts)
normaleggy Sat 30-Nov-13 22:32:17

Just doing a few 1st December gifts and I cannot find the bloody Jolly sodding Christmas Postman book ANYWHERE!!

Where is it? Where?? WHERE???

Dilidali Sun 01-Dec-13 17:36:06

callmekitten, if you can't find the sack put it all in the shoes smile

HaBumbug Sun 01-Dec-13 17:43:41

I'm loving the 'Polish Man From Next Door' as a substitute for the missing elf... wink

BeaWheesht Sun 01-Dec-13 17:51:08

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I got ds some horrible history figures ages ago and have zero idea where they are sad

ISawNannyPlumKissingSantaClaus Sun 01-Dec-13 17:52:46

Hmm- its an idea bumbug tchwink

Depends what he gets up to with barbie in the dolls house!!
He is particularly Luffly- he comes and flicks my switch! (in the fuse box) when I can't reach smile doesn't speak much English though- I find that's best

ILoveRacnoss Sun 01-Dec-13 17:58:21

Somewhere in my house is a personalised mug for DS. I usually find it during the summer hols. I can never find it at Christmas, or on his birthday. THREE years I've had this bl**dy mug!

HerlockSholmes Sun 01-Dec-13 18:08:07

myum bought me a talking comedy mirror for my 16th birthday, she found it the christmas after i turned 18 whilst hiding other presents grin

TheHOHOHOnlyPink Sun 01-Dec-13 20:23:22

Haha! I'm right here with you all, I cannot find a spiderman electric toothbrush or the chocolate coins to go in tomorrows advent slot!

OvO Sun 01-Dec-13 20:35:17

I lost a chuffing spongebob calendar yesterday. Just about tore the place apart looking for it (even in the attic!) and accusing my poor DH of nefarious calendar thievery. It was in the first place I looked but had Man-Looked the first time. blush

But while looking for it I found the missing Cluedo, Charades for Kids, a book and pack of Swizzels lip balms. Which were definitely lost thanks to my DH.

InkleWinkle Sun 01-Dec-13 21:00:43

There is a Minion loose in my house somewhere.

Any suggestions??

BiddyPop Sun 01-Dec-13 23:01:13

The tickets for the panto, I'm pretty sure, arrived by post. I know I got confirmation email but seem to remember tats in post. Cannot find them anywhere.

Dd first panto, and one I was really looking forward to.

AChristmassyJerseySpud Sun 01-Dec-13 23:09:12

so far ive lost the snowmen marshmallows, DD2's stocking fillers and dd1's few of stocking fillers.

ChristmasJumperWearer Sun 01-Dec-13 23:16:38

Where would DD's Christmas Pyjamas be? Not the Christmas Eve ones, the other ones? Apparently the answer is not "with DS's Christmas pyjamas".

Bless her, she was very good about it at bedtime. Oops, bad mummy!

Grotbagstwin Sun 01-Dec-13 23:34:42

I can't find the sack I spent over a month lovingly sewing my ds's name onto and making from patchwork christmas fabric, after all that work I wish I had stuck with a plastic bagone from Wilko's.

TheXmasLogIn Mon 02-Dec-13 13:50:44

I am currently hunting for

-2 packs of felt tip pens
-aquabots
-a pack of Furby knickers

I know The first 2 are here somewhere, but I have a feeling the knickers were missed off my Tesco order as I don't remember ever seeing them let alone hiding them anywhere fsad going to check the delivery slip.

InkleWinkle Wed 04-Dec-13 15:05:12

Turns out the minion wasn't lost after all as it's just been delivered!

agendabender Wed 04-Dec-13 15:36:47

I can't find the beautiful felt nativity advent calendar that I bought for DS last year. Thankfully he has been given three other advent calendars this year so the pressure is off, here's hoping for next year!

I also cannot find the large box full of hamper food bought for DH to make up for the fact that he can't drink this Christmas in case we have any problems with our planned home birth and he has to drive to the hospital...really had better find that one!

MabliD Wed 04-Dec-13 15:45:12

I have lost a 6 pack of yankee candle votives and a perfume... both of which are for my sister, and my parents are coming on sunday to collect the family presents before Christmas. The pressure is on, the house is ransacked, and the bloody things are nowhere to be seen...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now