10 year old boys...

(15 Posts)
ThreeMyselfAndI Sat 30-Nov-13 22:05:21

what do 10 year old boys like just now? I am struggling I have 3 dds and dd2 wants me to buy her boyfriend.... yes I know at this age a christmas present, he his mum has bought dd jewellery and make up set.

I am really struggling boys this age are alien to me and I am not going down the £85 nike air max route dd2 suggested... wtf £85 for a 10 year old bf... my reply was merely this >shock hmm NO

so something reasonably cheap that will go down well?

chocolatespiders Sat 30-Nov-13 22:07:59

No way I wouldn't let dd16 spend that ammount on her boyfriend.

At that age I bought my boyfriend and action man and soap on a rope smile

What about Lynx set?

Luggage16 Sat 30-Nov-13 22:08:19

what about a hexbug fish or nanobug set?

ThreeMyselfAndI Sat 30-Nov-13 22:11:01

I know she has no chance in hell!!

that sounds good, I am oblivious to what's in for boys.

dh thinks a selection box is adequate... dd has uninvolved him from the gift choices now grin

10 year old boys are a bit like 10 year old girls in that they will be into particular things and will vary in maturity enormously. However, suggestions are:

Something to do with football or whatever other sport he likes,
Minecraft stuff?
A "designer" or sports branded wallet
snap back hat or whatever it is they are called
Super dry beanie hat
Nerf gun
dvd
chocolate/sweets

LegoAcupuncture Sat 30-Nov-13 22:18:51

My 10 year old and is friends are really into Finger whips ATM.

Failing that, Lego minecraft is £30 and an ideal present for a 10 year old.

ThreeMyselfAndI Sat 30-Nov-13 22:20:54

thanks will need to Google some suggestions as I have no idea what they are... confused

the finger whips look fab dd1 would love them, will show dd2 them.

LegoAcupuncture Sat 30-Nov-13 22:22:11

Argos have them in for half price ATM, have reserved some for ds1.

loflo Sat 30-Nov-13 23:12:18

I have a ten year old DS who would thank you for anything mine craft related, match attax cards,man utd stuff and selection boxes smile

Glenshee Sun 01-Dec-13 00:05:45
Glenshee Sun 01-Dec-13 00:08:08

Sorry just realised this is not for your own child, so options 1 and 2 are too expensive obviously.

ICameOnTheJitney Sun 01-Dec-13 00:13:20

Speaker for his phone? Some sort of dock?

Dillydollydaydream Sun 01-Dec-13 05:48:30

I've got my 10yr old nephew a nerf gun but now worried it's too babyish. Hope not.

Nerf gun will be fine, my boys are 13 and 12 and still have nerf wars from time to time. I'd say 9 to 11 was probably their peak nerf age when Christmas day usually involved a family nerf battle. I never did make it upstairs to capture their base. Guess I never will now sad

TooWetToWoo Sun 01-Dec-13 10:18:08

some Minecraft goodies from The Entertainer, any of these should go down a treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now