Hamper for 30 year old mum of two young children

(17 Posts)
Scraggyspanner Fri 29-Nov-13 22:46:45

Hello,

I've got £20ish to spend on a friend who is mum to a busy toddler and a baby. I'd like to buy her a few bits and bobs.

She doesn't have much time to herself, what would you like in your pressure if you were her?

Thanks for any ideas.

Leeds2 Fri 29-Nov-13 22:55:01

Bottle of wine. Smoked salmon. Cheese. Crackers.

andadietcoke Fri 29-Nov-13 22:59:23

Tread carefully. A very well meaning friend bought me a similar present for my birthday last week (I'm 32, have twins). It was a lovely thought, but it just got shoved in a corner in the lounge because I will never imminently have time to do a face mask, deep condition my hair or apply false eyelashes. The wine though, the wine was good wink. I appreciate I may be a slightly different case though; when the DTs are both asleep I barely have time to eat and sort their bottles out for the next day before it's time for me to go to sleep. My friend also stressed that it was for me 'because I don't have time for myself'. Just because I have a face mask it won't suddenly mean I have time for myself confused

Instead I'd rather have had lovely foodie things; wine and nice chocolates or sweets.

Sorry, that was a bit ranty. It may be she has DCs that sleep like angels in which case the pampering stuff would be lovely. If I'd have got bubble bath in my bag though it may well have pushed me over the edge. I dream of having baths!

Dawndonnaagain Fri 29-Nov-13 23:05:16

I had twins, at one point I had three under 18months, I too dreamed of baths!
I agree with nice foodie bits, fancy biscuits feel like a treat with the half a cup of cold coffee that you manage to swig as you walk past it. Chocs, and yes, the cheese and crackers is a great idea.

Nerfmother Fri 29-Nov-13 23:07:22

Handy candy is brilliant and sweets are always good ...

DisneyAddict88 Fri 29-Nov-13 23:11:59

few packets of posh biscuits or chocolate grin which u dont have to share with the children!!!

a book and a book light for those nights where baby won't sleep!

some nail varnish/manicure bits for pampering once littlies are in bed. face mask/posh bath bomb - lush are nice

bottle of wine/cider or if not drinking some nice flavoured hot chocolate or posh individual coffee sachets (cappuccino etc)

a voucher for a coffee at costa or Starbucks

Monkey139 Fri 29-Nov-13 23:12:14

More than "average" costing shampoo and conditioner can be a pamper even if you only get to wash your hair once a week/fortnight in the shower! Although chocolate would always get my vote first!

bangersmashandbeans Fri 29-Nov-13 23:16:04

Hand cream - my hands are cracking badly due to weather and constant hand washing after nappy changes.
Chocolate - nothing fancy but a few different bars?
Wine - say no more
A photo frame with a nice photo of the two of you? Don't put a frame in without a picture as she may not find the time to sort one.
A magazine - easy living always seems to be really relevant to me (also 30ish with toddler and baby)

Lovely idea by the way

whatsonyourplate Fri 29-Nov-13 23:19:51

A thermal mug because you never get time to finish a hot cup if tea.

whatsonyourplate Fri 29-Nov-13 23:20:33

*of tea

MrsS28 Sat 30-Nov-13 02:29:06

Bangers- they don't make Easy Living anymore! Shows how often we get chance to reads magazines!

bangersmashandbeans Sat 30-Nov-13 03:39:46

MrsS no! I'm gutted! So few magazines have any relation to my life but that one really did. Hate the fashion mags, hate the celeb mags, high brow mags make me feel poor, interior mags make me feel like my house is shabby, now what?!

vvviola Sat 30-Nov-13 06:10:48

Another vote for the thermal mug.

DH brought mine into hospital after I'd had DD2 (plus decent tea bags grin) and if I hadn't loved him and been married to him already I would have proposed on the spot!

It's so nice to be able to drink your tea/coffee hot and with a lid on it too to avoid accidental spillages.

raisah Sat 30-Nov-13 07:20:27

Yes to chocs. If someone bought me 2 hrs of a cleaners time for £20 after my dd was born, I would have kissed the ground they walked on. Not having to cook & do household chores and just sleep with my newborn while somebody else got on with it is a treat.

MinesAPintOfTea Sat 30-Nov-13 07:47:00

Chocolates, book light nice shower gel, shampoo and bubble bath. Wine if she still drinks it, a cheap pashmina maybe.

MrsS28 Sat 30-Nov-13 10:15:29

Bangers- I agree completely. I had a subscription to it and the alternative they started sending was "Glamour"!!!! There's no glamour in my world, especially at 38 1/2 weeks pregnant!

apocketfulofposy Sat 30-Nov-13 12:59:22

I am a 28 yr old mum to 5 children,all under 6,i always manage to have time for a bath and to do things like face packs and have long baths,i do it when they are asleep!

I would love all the thing mentioned but would also love the pampering stuff too,i think most people would!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now