tasteful but cheap (ish) decorations

(13 Posts)
Waggamamma Fri 29-Nov-13 17:37:20

Exactly that really, where do you buy yours?

Also xmas table covers etc? kids and grown ups.

cheesypastaplease Sat 30-Nov-13 07:59:58

Mine are a completely mish mash collected over the years. I've noticed nice sets in Lidls recently. I got my tableware in Primark.

DisneyAddict88 Sat 30-Nov-13 08:28:59

mine are a bit mix match mostly from tesco and there quite reasonable and normally on 3 for 2

Syllabubble Sat 30-Nov-13 09:54:46

Wilkinsons had some lovely ones, woodland animals and baubles in lovely autumny shades. Would love to junk my mish mash tree and have a lovely tree covered in foxes and owls and squirrels!

Ikea is worth a look, I quite like wilkinsons selection this year too.

ShesAStar Sat 30-Nov-13 17:46:53

Sainsburys have some Nordic style decorations this year that look like they might have come from somewhere a bit posher.

Picked up a very nice lit paper star from Lidl couple of weeks agowhich was a surprise.

TK Maxx last year had lovely glass tree ornaments. That sort if distressed looking glass iykwim.

Tend to get things from galleries/ crafty places as well.

Decorhate Sat 30-Nov-13 17:54:14

Next have some great deep red old fashioned looking glass ones for £2 each (only seem to sell in packs of 6 online). Look like ones I got in Liberty a few years ago. Garden centres often good for different good quality decorations at reasonable prices

I just typed 'glass drops' into eBay and it came up with chandalier drops...some of the ones that look like long raindrops are lovely, and are v similar to the things I have on my tree!

( may need to buy some) grin

Jbck Sat 30-Nov-13 18:12:32

The Woodland Animal theme is everywhere this year, if you had some like that no one woud know where they were from.

Waggamamma Sat 30-Nov-13 18:33:21

oh great! thanks everyone, loads of great suggestions,can't wait to go to the shops next week and pick up some bits and pieces.

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 30-Nov-13 18:47:28

Unhelpfully
I tend to buy in the Jan sales.

So do I Olivia, I got some beautiful glass birds a few years ago from the National Trust. And last year I got some of those tiny pegs with Christmas stars on, to peg all the cards to hanging ribbons.

I am a bit obsessed with decorations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now