What colour decorations are on your Christmas trees?

(70 Posts)
applecrumbleandcream Thu 28-Nov-13 17:53:55

Just bought a new tree for the living room and fancy a change from the usual red and gold decorations we usually have.....looking for inspration? Can't afford to just buy a load of new decorations but can make a start now on a different colour schene and build up.

mumslife Fri 29-Nov-13 20:58:24

Little current bun
your tree is my kind of treesmile

FortyFacedFuckers Fri 29-Nov-13 21:05:37

I have the white/clear twinkly lights and everything is White/silver and pink, bobbles, snowflakes, some tiny little stockings and loads of other things I love it.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Fri 29-Nov-13 21:06:56

Last year we did peacock colours, this year we are doing Nordic. We collect ornaments wherever we go so can change it every year. I always put all my clear glass ornaments on, they go with everything. They twinkle and sparkle and shine....grin

Multi colour lights, red tinsel and silver baubles. An angel from the pound shop on top, and the two DDs first seperate decorations that DD1 picked for them both, a red velvet bell that jingles and a huge glittery snowflake.

Cheap and cheerful.

HerlockSholmes Sat 30-Nov-13 09:49:02

ooh chubbykitty i am v. jealous of your dad's tree!

TeamSwitzerland Sat 30-Nov-13 12:33:34

Gold, purple and white. Really glittery and beautiful x smile

Littlecurrentbun Sat 30-Nov-13 12:45:16

Mums life... Things may change once my little man starts giving his input grin

WholeNutt Sat 30-Nov-13 14:53:05

I couldn't be arsed last year so I just put 900 lights on our 6ft 6 tree and it still looked lovely!

KrabbyPatty Sat 30-Nov-13 14:56:10

I don't like colour. Our tree is glass only with white lights.

The dc's have a tree in their playroom for free reign with coloured stuff.

We have always done multicoloured, nothing to do with the DCs, it just seems cheerful and cosy to me.

TheRaniOfYawn Sat 30-Nov-13 18:33:02

White lights

Red and gold baubles

Red ribbons and strips of red gingham tied in bows

Gingerbread hearts, stars and people with patterns in white icing

Stained glass window biscuits

Tiny gingham and hessian bunting

Candy canes

A few decorations that family members have made or bought over the years.

A fairy on top.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Sat 30-Nov-13 20:29:48

Trees up! Pictures in my profile. grin

Tree makes me soooooooo happy.

SanityClause Sat 30-Nov-13 20:32:31

Our living room tree is all white, blue and silvery.

The kitchen tree is sort of pink, green and purple, with a bit of a doody theme.

We also have a red and gold tree in our bedroom.

ICameOnTheJitney Sat 30-Nov-13 20:34:09

Lumpy your profile isn't public so we can't see.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Sat 30-Nov-13 20:43:40

I've made it public now. At least I think I have.

ICameOnTheJitney Sat 30-Nov-13 21:54:12

Ooh that's lovely Lumpy! I love seeing other people's trees!

ICameOnTheJitney Sat 30-Nov-13 21:57:42

Ours is currently lying on the deck. It was delivered a couple of hours ago so we're decorating it tomorrow!

optimusic Sat 30-Nov-13 22:16:02

The tree looks like a rainbow and Christmas has spewed up.
Every year, some get broken which obviously need replacing. So the dc's finally agree on something to replace it with and this gets added to the collection. The collection includes - wooden things that are really old and looking battered, a couple of glass things, balls in various shapes and colours, various other sparkly shapes in an assortment of sizes and colours. Some have glitter on them. Then there's the starbucks things. The beads. All the lights (lots of colour and flash). The tinsel. The snowflakes. The bows. Pinecones (free) Then there's the icicles. The wrapped boxes, plus countless other shite that I have forgotten about.

Then there's the windows. More sparkly shite. gel displays. Millions more lights. Fake snow. Icicles..Light up santas, snowmen, reindeers.. Eldest came in the other day, ever so proud, with a present for the display, not like anything is up yet, yet another light up thing in the form of a massive bloody snow flake.

Not even going to mention all the tat that goes on the pink tree in the girls bedroom.

mumslife Sun 01-Dec-13 08:41:18

Lol current bun ive been there! Mine are now 11 and 17 on tuesday and their interest in the tree is nil lol

rubywilliams Fri 13-Dec-13 05:20:43

with LED lights around the table and Place A snowflake Tablecloth on the table and some cute Doorstops around the Christmas tree. I already bought these products from online Homescapes store..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now