Anyone else getting really excited about Sunday???? :)

(59 Posts)
iloveholidays Tue 26-Nov-13 21:01:17

We've got elf down from the loft, in-laws are booked to come down and help decorate, need to wrap up the few festive bits I've bought for the elf to deliver and sort advent calendars.

I'm getting so excited!! smile

lucysmam Tue 26-Nov-13 21:04:21

Meeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! grin

I think I might be a touch more excited than the kids tbh....I put the Christmas doormat out today and am tempted to put the Santa hat chair covers on tomorrow too grin

LackaDAISYcal Tue 26-Nov-13 21:06:44

bah humbug

iloveholidays Tue 26-Nov-13 21:07:13

My eldest is only 4.5 so hasn't quite grasped the 1st December thing yet, although I am trying to drill it into her!! smile

Where did you get the chair covers from?

LackaDAISYcal Tue 26-Nov-13 21:07:26

grin...only cos I am working all bleddy day. I am off to buy an elf tomorrow and have the advent calendar all ready filled with treats.

MinesAPintOfTea Tue 26-Nov-13 21:09:21

Yes very. Its my birthday grin I am very happy you are all celebrating it. Gifts in the form of cake and booze are required if you wish to celebrate this special day.

pigleychez Tue 26-Nov-13 21:10:45

Our elf is going to be abit late visiting this year. Probably wont be arriving till the 7th or 8th.
We are moving house on the 6th so really cant cope with a wayward elf too in the mix! Thankfully the girls are only 3 and 5 so wont really notice smile The tree will be definitely be going up the following weekend though!

Facebaffle Tue 26-Nov-13 21:12:00

Can't wait to put on a Christmas cd. It's the day when I pull put my stack of festive music.

Undecided whether to wake everyone up with Maria Carey or Mr Buble (Jingle Bells).

Funkybutnot Tue 26-Nov-13 21:12:15

I'm sooooooo excited. Planned to take the DCs to see Frozen but it's not out till the 6th! sad why did I think it was the first?

Taking them ice skating instead.

MiracleOntheM4 Tue 26-Nov-13 21:14:42

Yes! Also have the inlaws coming over and plan to get the tree decorations down so when DD comes down in the morning she can see everything (she's almost three so this is the first year she 'gets it'). Her advent calendar is going to be accompanied by a letter from Santa and the John Lewis bear and hare book. We have a real fire so will mix the ashes from Saturday night's with glitter so she thinks the elves have been.

lucysmam Tue 26-Nov-13 21:34:09

aaah Lacka...I love Christmas grin

lucysmam Tue 26-Nov-13 21:35:02

ilove Poundland....there weren't many left today though, glad I got my four last week!

VerySmallSqueak Tue 26-Nov-13 21:36:25

Yep.
It's my lie in day.

MissPricklePants Tue 26-Nov-13 21:37:13

I am excited! Decorations will be going up, festive dvds coming out, Mr Bubles christmas album on spotify ready to go! Hot choc station prepared....I can't wait!

iloveholidays Tue 26-Nov-13 21:41:44

Oooh, Lucy I am popping into town tomorrow as DD2 has her flu spray so maybe I'll pop along to Poundland and have a look...

I'm still deciding what to put in our advent calendars - options are, chocolate, finger puppets, activities or just hunt through the stocking fillers for small enough gifts grin

lucysmam Tue 26-Nov-13 21:43:11

They are hung up where the table covers and charger plates are in my local one ilove...hope you find them grin

ElfontheShelfIsWATCHINGYOUTOO Tue 26-Nov-13 21:46:38

Yep super excited grin, finally, finally can flop out christmas! Been desperately trying to restrain myself.

Going to see a Nt property all decked out on sunday, then next weekend, its the decs.....and the nutcracker ballett. Am sooo excited!

ElfontheShelfIsWATCHINGYOUTOO Tue 26-Nov-13 21:47:24

Hot choc station prepared grin you need a fake snow machine outside to go with it.

Stropzilla Tue 26-Nov-13 21:47:42

YES! DD is very excited about the elf coming back and Iwill be decorating as soon as dh allows. I've got my xmas shopping planned for when I go. I'm more excited than the kids! Screw the scrooges, I adore Christmas!

Sunday? What is happening on Sunday?

Rosa Tue 26-Nov-13 21:51:07

I have to find the lot ( calendar with pockets / elf) and dh is working and it needs 2 to be able to get the xmas boxes out and murphys law says the blessed elf will be in the last box. I had said that we will put the tree up early as we are away for Christmas but I am mentally just not ready !!!!!

MissPricklePants Tue 26-Nov-13 21:54:54

ooooh fake snow machine...now there is an idea!!

caketinrosie Tue 26-Nov-13 22:02:06

Ooh I'm so glad I'm not alone! I luuuuurveee christmas! grin I'm going to make sure the christmas big clean is all done by Saturday. So Sunday will be all about the decorating and lovely Micky bubles ooh can't wait, bloody crappy work really gets in the way. All together now, Oh I wish it could be christmas every dayay! grin

Golddigger Tue 26-Nov-13 22:04:06

More than I have been for thee last few years. Cant quite understand why. Even my husband is which is a bit of a first.

lucysmam Wed 27-Nov-13 08:41:17

haha caketin, I've been singing that in my head for weeks grin blush

Just on my way back home from dropping the girls off to root out the decs all ready for Sunday and make sure nothing needs replacing not that I need an excuse to buy more decs grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now