Bloody Tesco and their Hudl's

(52 Posts)
serin Sun 24-Nov-13 13:12:44

We saved the points converted them with boost thingymajig and low and behold I cant track down a Hudl now.

Every branch in the North West seems to be ou of stock. sad

It's not for Xmas, it's for the 13yr olds birthday next week.

If anyone knows somewhere that has had a delivery I would be very grateful.

Cheers Tesco.

moosemama Mon 02-Dec-13 17:30:46

My clubcard account was hacked too - and my points used to boost for Hudl vouchers. I was told this has happened a lot over the past few weeks, hence the sudden drop in availability. As a result, I predict Hudls appearing on Ebay and in local markets at inflated prices, as it does seem to be part of a large scam.

As for Tesco themselves. I am seriously unimpressed that they don't reinstate stolen points until the next statement date in January. It doesn't affect me, as I use mine for something else, but I know of a few people whose Christmases have been ruined by having their points stolen, when they'd specifically saved them up to buy Christmas presents and then being told they won't get them back until the end of January. hmm

They tried to tell me I must have responded to an email phishing scam, but as I am extremely careful not to click on any links in emails I argued the toss and they 'kind-of' admitted the hackers got in via their clubcard site. angry

ProphetOfDoom Mon 02-Dec-13 18:24:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PigletJohn Mon 02-Dec-13 18:29:41

when I went to the "boost" part of Clubcard yesterday, they asked for an extra level of security on top of my usual signin. i wonder if that is relevant.

Midlands is too far sad
Dh tried two stores today with no luck

ProphetOfDoom Mon 02-Dec-13 20:26:58

moosemama Mon 02-Dec-13 20:39:52

Afraid it's DM, but this is what comes up if you Google the problem.

ChippyMinton Mon 02-Dec-13 20:52:08

Sadly even if you ring and find a store with stock, they are unable to hold it for you.

I'm after the bright-coloured soft-touch cases, but have only seen black or vile pale grey.

PigletJohn Mon 02-Dec-13 21:36:16

I was not at all a bit surprised to see on the DM that a retailer says the Ipad at three times the price is better.

On thursday Aldi will have their own version in, at £80, but I see the screen resolution is not as good.

ProphetOfDoom Mon 02-Dec-13 22:50:04

ChippyMinton Wed 04-Dec-13 13:26:30

DH did manage to get a bright blue case yesterday smile

DavidHarewoodsFloozy Wed 04-Dec-13 20:26:35

Does anyone know if they,ll be getting any more stock at all?

DavidHarewoodsFloozy Thu 05-Dec-13 09:36:55

Anyone?

Not online but some stores will

Ooh that's spooky. Dh just rang to say he's got one in his hands and was just queuing to boost his points grin

ImNotReallyHere Thu 05-Dec-13 13:46:19

OP - Stockport got purple ones this morning.

PigletJohn Thu 05-Dec-13 19:54:22

my local store got 30 in today.

I bought the 29th.

DavidHarewoodsFloozy Thu 05-Dec-13 20:50:27

The customer service message on the phones, says they'll be getting some in at Tesco Exta stores.

I,m in Birmingham, i,m gonna have to drive round all day until Christmas.sad
I didn,t think they'd run out . So angry with myself.

When dh got this one apparently they put out a few and they were all gone in five minutes.

Just managed to order a Hudl online at Tesco for collection in store. Here's hoping it has worked!!

SignoraStronza Fri 06-Dec-13 10:26:51

Does it have to be a hudl? Have a look at what Aldi are doing on Sunday (better imo) or the Carphone Warehouse's Asus MeMo (also better). Both £79.

DavidHarewoodsFloozy Fri 06-Dec-13 13:13:00

I got them grin. They're just doing them at Tesco Extra.Im really chuffed!.

PigletJohn Fri 06-Dec-13 14:55:14

I saw the Aldi one advertised, and it looks like great value. IIRC the dispaly screen is not as good.

I expct there will be a great flood of budget tablets coming on the market, I saw this one advertised today at £80 though it has less memory

The Tesco Hudl did look like best value in the Which tests, I dare say some of the other budget ones will turn out to be great value as well, but I have not seen hem tested.

AbbyLou Sat 07-Dec-13 08:38:37

How on earth did you manage to order one online yesterday? I have stock alerts set up and check so many times a day and every time it has said currently unavailable. I am so cross with myself. We wanted to get the dc one each and bought one in October. Stupidly we deicded to spread the cost and buy the other one nearer Christmas, now we can't bloddy get one. We have a Tesco Extra in our town but I work full time and can't keep going in. They won't reserve one even if you pay for it up front.

PigletJohn Sat 07-Dec-13 09:59:11

Try to find out what time of day they get their deliveries. There might be stock if you go in e.g. 10pm. You could also try an online grocery delivery order with just a Hudl on it.

I was in New Oscott in Birmingham yesterday and they had a few purple ones out (not sure if more behind the scenes). I bought one. I think also randomly the Metro in Smethwick had one last week but that's likely gone now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now