Where do you buy your cards?

(30 Posts)
littlecupcake Fri 22-Nov-13 18:15:21

I am a card snob and always look at the back of cards I receive to see where they were purchased. I need to buy my cards this weekend so I can start writing them, where did you get yours and did they have the company name on the back?

I'm after good value, tasteful cards that don't have glitter on because it always ends up all over me and I resemble the Christmas fairy when I've been writing cards

QueenFuri Sat 23-Nov-13 09:21:29

I got some lovely ones from AlDi, family cards from the local £ shop 3 for the£1 grin

usualsuspect Fri 22-Nov-13 22:53:20

I looked at the cards in Fenwicks.

They chucked me out grin

IhaveNoOpinion Fri 22-Nov-13 22:41:33

I stroked the cards in John Lewis today, then went next door to Tesco to buy them there instead.

balroymum Fri 22-Nov-13 22:39:48

Card Factory every time. So much cheaper and they have some with lovely words if you choose carefully. I would rather buy someone a nicer present - it's only a card! Doesn't mean you can't donate to charity separately.

Aldi. Bet you'd love a card from me wink

Drizzlefoshizzle Fri 22-Nov-13 22:34:53
Drizzlefoshizzle Fri 22-Nov-13 22:34:14

www.sreepurvillage.org/
Got these last year and they were lovely - unusual, hand made and well received by everyone. 100% of profits go to the Sreepur Women's Village in Bangladesh, which works with destitute mothers and children. The cards are even flown to the UK by BA free of charge to the charity. Would def recommend

trixymalixy Fri 22-Nov-13 22:33:59

In the sale the previous year.

TheLostPelvicFloorOfPoosh Fri 22-Nov-13 22:32:37

I only buy full-profit-to-the-charity cards too.

eatyourveg Fri 22-Nov-13 22:28:03

Another one who uses the pop up shop at the library which sells them on behalf of several different charities. I always go for learning disability charities, national autistic society and local hospice

GoAndDoSomeWork Fri 22-Nov-13 22:21:26
GoAndDoSomeWork Fri 22-Nov-13 22:20:44

I got NDCS cards too from http://www.cardsforcharity.co.uk they have pop ups all over the place

usualsuspect Fri 22-Nov-13 21:47:31

I rarely buy charity cards.

I just buy the cheapest ones I like.

happyfrogger Fri 22-Nov-13 21:45:04

NDCS, because our daughter is HI and they are fabulous. But it's always been charity cards. Charity Christmas cards great and easy way to support your preferred charity - absolute no brainer!

Lucylouby Fri 22-Nov-13 21:25:59

I get them in the sale in January. I may have to store them for 11 months, but I don't pay over the odds for them. We still give to charity, so they don't miss out, but I refuse to pay over the odds for bits of card with pictures on. (I'm a misery about birthday cards too). (Just to add, I don't write many cards at all, it's more the dc who feel the need to send loads of them out each year).

Dilidali Fri 22-Nov-13 20:20:43
usualsuspect Fri 22-Nov-13 20:11:45

And I'm laughing at Christas card snobbery.

Only on MN

usualsuspect Fri 22-Nov-13 20:10:41

Card factory or Asda.

HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs Fri 22-Nov-13 20:09:54

I always buy charity cards from the actual charity shop so that they receive all of the proceeds rather than just a token 10p. This year I've bought a few family cards from Card Factory (which don't have a company label on) and I saved a fortune!

hedwiggywiggerson Fri 22-Nov-13 20:04:24

From Card Warehouse in January for the following Christmas grin

NewBlueShoesToo Fri 22-Nov-13 19:58:08

RNLI charity cards with tasteful nativity pictures.

Margetts Fri 22-Nov-13 19:47:06

From DC school who get the children to design their own.

Boots because they support Macmillan which is significant to our family

Charity cards from the pop up shop at the library, I buy ones for charities that are meaningful to our family and which I don't support at other times of the year.

Guitargirl Fri 22-Nov-13 18:58:10

Charity cards from Selfridges

And the DC's school ones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now