Christmas beers?

(23 Posts)
TheXmasLogIn Thu 28-Nov-13 12:59:24
AllThatGlistens Thu 28-Nov-13 11:46:34

Shit I am so rubbish at checking threads I'm on, sorry Bunty !

I'm v close to the Flintshire/ Chester border grin

I don't mind off topic! Where are you? <nosy>

AllThatGlistens Fri 22-Nov-13 17:29:21

Ooh Bunty we must be pretty close neighbours! Sorry that was completely off topic blush

I'd be interested in a mail order option too Shrieking, I quite often do hampers at Christmas.

If you have a mail order option soon let me know as would prefer to support a mn'er smile

tardis - because I can!

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 14:16:24

Bristol. I am investigating mail order right now.

Thanks for all the ideas, and to shrieking for her lovely offer. We are a rather fantastic nest of vipers.

shrieking what a lovely offer! I'm on the Chester/North wales border. Is that near you?

Yes you must DH likes beer now and I have a vague interest having worked for Firkin breweries many moons ago. Just got back from Bruges and the beer was lovely. I like the emotional attachment aspect when choosing them - from the name to places you have visited and enjoyed.

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 13:31:43

Actually, general advice to those buying beer as Christmas presents would be to pop into their local brewery and see what they have. Farm shops often have a good range and make sure you get stuff marked as 'bottle conditioned' rather than something that has been filtered and then carbonated. Home brew shops also usually have a good selection and will be able to recommend stuff based on what you know the recipient normally drinks.

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 13:28:14

Must sort out mail order...

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 13:27:46

Not quite that far south but our beer will be stocked ina shop in Kingsbridge fairly soon!

ShriekingGnawer - are you on the South coast buy any chance??

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 13:22:04

Have sent you a PM

OhYouBadBadKaleds Fri 22-Nov-13 13:18:23

What sort of beer do you do Gnawer?

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 13:15:52

Brews = brewery. Must stop drinking at work wink

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 13:15:21

Or recommend a brews local to you.

Snap Ohyou !!

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 13:14:51

I own a brewery, I'll give you a massive discount if you want a gift pack and you're anywhere near me.

used this company before for pressies

Or you could make your own hamper up - Aldi has Christmas Beers in at the moment start from about £1.70 Whychwood Bah Humbug and one called Rosey Posey

Another idea is a special vintage ale and maybe a book? Or if all else fails I just buy a few local independent brewery beers.

HTH

OhYouBadBadKaleds Fri 22-Nov-13 13:12:31

Apparently you can let them know if you want a plain box. Wish I'd spotted that earlier!

OhYouBadBadKaleds Fri 22-Nov-13 13:11:05

I've used this company a couple of times. Nice beer at pretty realistic prices usually. Packaging isn't a plain box though so take care if you are getting it delivered to where your Dad lives.

I think this could be a big ask, but hopefully someone can help!

I've bought my dad the bulk of his present, and now looking for just a little extra, about £10-£15. He loves his beers, and I was thinking of something nice around this mark, Christmassy or otherwise. Has anyone seen something on their internet travels?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now