Christmas beers?

(23 Posts)

I think this could be a big ask, but hopefully someone can help!

I've bought my dad the bulk of his present, and now looking for just a little extra, about £10-£15. He loves his beers, and I was thinking of something nice around this mark, Christmassy or otherwise. Has anyone seen something on their internet travels?

OhYouBadBadKaleds Fri 22-Nov-13 13:11:05

I've used this company a couple of times. Nice beer at pretty realistic prices usually. Packaging isn't a plain box though so take care if you are getting it delivered to where your Dad lives.

OhYouBadBadKaleds Fri 22-Nov-13 13:12:31

Apparently you can let them know if you want a plain box. Wish I'd spotted that earlier!

used this company before for pressies

Or you could make your own hamper up - Aldi has Christmas Beers in at the moment start from about £1.70 Whychwood Bah Humbug and one called Rosey Posey

Another idea is a special vintage ale and maybe a book? Or if all else fails I just buy a few local independent brewery beers.

HTH

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 13:14:51

I own a brewery, I'll give you a massive discount if you want a gift pack and you're anywhere near me.

Snap Ohyou !!

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 13:15:21

Or recommend a brews local to you.

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 13:15:52

Brews = brewery. Must stop drinking at work wink

OhYouBadBadKaleds Fri 22-Nov-13 13:18:23

What sort of beer do you do Gnawer?

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 13:22:04

Have sent you a PM

ShriekingGnawer - are you on the South coast buy any chance??

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 13:27:46

Not quite that far south but our beer will be stocked ina shop in Kingsbridge fairly soon!

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 13:28:14

Must sort out mail order...

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 13:31:43

Actually, general advice to those buying beer as Christmas presents would be to pop into their local brewery and see what they have. Farm shops often have a good range and make sure you get stuff marked as 'bottle conditioned' rather than something that has been filtered and then carbonated. Home brew shops also usually have a good selection and will be able to recommend stuff based on what you know the recipient normally drinks.

Yes you must DH likes beer now and I have a vague interest having worked for Firkin breweries many moons ago. Just got back from Bruges and the beer was lovely. I like the emotional attachment aspect when choosing them - from the name to places you have visited and enjoyed.

shrieking what a lovely offer! I'm on the Chester/North wales border. Is that near you?

Thanks for all the ideas, and to shrieking for her lovely offer. We are a rather fantastic nest of vipers.

ShriekingGnawer Fri 22-Nov-13 14:16:24

Bristol. I am investigating mail order right now.

If you have a mail order option soon let me know as would prefer to support a mn'er smile

tardis - because I can!

AllThatGlistens Fri 22-Nov-13 17:29:21

Ooh Bunty we must be pretty close neighbours! Sorry that was completely off topic blush

I'd be interested in a mail order option too Shrieking, I quite often do hampers at Christmas.

I don't mind off topic! Where are you? <nosy>

AllThatGlistens Thu 28-Nov-13 11:46:34

Shit I am so rubbish at checking threads I'm on, sorry Bunty !

I'm v close to the Flintshire/ Chester border grin

TheXmasLogIn Thu 28-Nov-13 12:59:24

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now