Best board game

(58 Posts)
thoughtsbecomethings Wed 20-Nov-13 22:18:33

Want to buy a board game for family to play at Christmas age range 13 - 67. What's the best board game ??

paperlantern Thu 21-Nov-13 17:12:58

board game geek is great for getting a look at games and finding new games. some of the games reviews and scores are serious gamer reviews and are overly harsh. believe it or not I find you tube better for getting an idea of whether a game is for you

paperlantern Thu 21-Nov-13 17:16:12

confused - have played dominion, intrigue, alchemy, cornucopia and hinterlands. I'm a big fan. grin have not played seaside or prosperity

Oo, which of the other expansions would you recommend? I'll buy another in whatever January sales I can find grin

paperlantern Thu 21-Nov-13 17:25:16

I have not tried either of them. munchkin has bad reviews from friends but I've always liked the idea. I haven't heard of the othershock am now going to Google. too many games and too little money! actually forbidden island is one I keep coming back to....

if your into silly games like munchkin can recommend (not sure that is actually the right word) "killer bunnies and the quest for the golden carrot". it's a properly stupid gamegrin

paperlantern Thu 21-Nov-13 17:29:40

hinterlands is the best. but alchemy and cornucopia are quite good esp when you play a mix of just those two sets. if you like interesting combos alchemy is awesome but can be a little too insular and not just interactive enough when you play in a group.

Blatherskite Thu 21-Nov-13 17:55:20

I think you have to know a little about roleplayers for Munchkin to be funny but we all loved it - along with it's many expansions

OliviaP Thu 21-Nov-13 18:36:27

I would go for Yahtzee. Easy and little skill but fun.

I would definitely avoid this new board game though eveningharold.com/2013/11/21/the-jeremy-kyle-show-board-game-in-shops-for-christmas/

myrtleWilson Thu 21-Nov-13 20:10:43

We have seaside, prosperity and Guilds with dominion. But am now keen to get the others!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now